~Chapter 20~

Previously on Nightmare.

Candace and Moira together with Nora manage to find the key to the heavy metallic door. But it comes with a surprise of its own.

~CHAPTER 20~

"Run" I said. Nora was already on the other side of the gate so I didn't worry about her much. What was left to do was to save ourselves before we became buffet for this goons.

"Go on. I'll hold them off!!" I said, ready to slice through some walker skin.

I'm not leaving you Candace. We are in this together. She said and aimed at a walker that was gaining on us. With a quick fire, she sent three bullets soaring through the air and straight into the walkers head. It dropped to the ground lifeless.

They were quickly gaining on us. Behind the now open metal gate was another gate of the same kind, barred with heavy wooden slacks.

"Moira! The gate!!" I said.
"On it." She replied. She quickly turned to the other gate, aimed at the wood and fired two loud shots at it. The woods exploded, leaving the gate open.
Fresh air rushed in. It was cold out there. Almost dark.

"Candace it's open!!" She said.
"RUN!!" I shouted to her. She quickly picked Nora up and without haste, sped out of the building.

I kept taking steps back as I fired more and more bullets. The stompers in particular were not even affected by the bullets.

If i was going to get outta this, I had to jump in. I quickly drew out both Gladius and ignited them. The blades sprung out of the hilts as sharp as they always do. The blue light emanating from the mid section of the blade very bright.

With one deep breath, I dashed towards the approaching monsters. Calculating my moves in my head careful not to miss any, I slid right between the legs of the first stomper, slicing through its right thigh with the gladius in my right till it came out the other end.

I had totally amputated it. It roared in pain and fell to the ground. At least that'll save me some time.

A walker came dashing towards me, ready to rip my throat out. I quickly brought forth both gladius and sunk them into the center of its chest. The speed with which it run made it gain enough weight to knock me to lay on my back with its stinky blood oozing body atop me.

There was no time to take a rest. Three more walkers were advancing and fast. Behind them were two other stompers. For some reason, their axes were much bigger this time. Just my luck.

The first one had gotten closer this time. It jumped up high with an intention to land on be and dig its rotten teeth in my neck I guess.
Anticipating its move, I pushed the dead walker off me and immediately rolled out of the way seconds before the walker smashed into my previous position right beside me.

Without haste, I quickly drew out one gladius and with one heavy slash, sliced off its head right off its body.

It's slimy blood gushed out unto the floor, staining my blade.

No time to take a breath, I sent the gladius flying through the air straight into the second walkers heart as it approached.  It slid to a stop and fell backwards.

I couldn't control my breath. The adrenaline that was pumping into my veins made my body heat up so much, I couldn't breathe.

I had to get outta here.  I closed my eyes briefly and took in one deep breath. Upon opening them, A stomper stood upon me with its axe high above its head. The shiny tip of the blade reflected the light. There was no way I was going to be able to escape this.

The stomper took a heavy breath, ready to slice me in half when bullets dashed through the air, tearing holes in its chest. It was Moira. This gave me enough time to save my ass. I quickly rolled to my side, jumped up to my feet with my back facing the now stunned walker. Moira had ceased fire when she realized she had done some real damage.

With the chance I had been given, I gripped hard unto my gladius and with a swift and heavy rounds-slash, I separated the upper body of the walker from it's lower body, dividing it in half.

I stood posed from my previous action with heavy breaths as the divided body fell to the ground.

"Cmon Candace we gotta move." Said Moira when she realized the remaining walkers gaining on us.

I didn't have to be told twice. I sheathed my gladius and took to my heels, heading for the gate that was being held open at the other side by Moira.

I quickened my steps and run as fast as I could but they were gaining on me.
There was no way I was going to outrun a walker. The only way to make them sleep was to exterminate them. With this idea, I reached into my utility belt with both hands and drew out two grenades. One in each hand.

Moira's eyes widened when she realized what I was thinking of doing.
Understanding clearly my intentions, she pushed the gate up a bit higher to give me more time.

Bringing both grenades to my mouth, I took out the keys with my teeth and spat them out unto the ground. The walkers were gaining and fast.

"CMON!!" Moira screamed.

The gate was a bit of a distance away but I trusted I would make it.

I quickly dropped both grenades behind me and increased my pace.
The bombs would go off any minute.

I could feel my heart racing. Was I really going to make it? There was no way I would know. All I could do at this moment was pray I would.

Moira could no longer support the gate with her weight so she let go. The door was gradually closing. Just then I heard behind me a loud BOOOM!! The grenades had gone off. Within a few seconds, a huge ball of flame had erupted, burning to ash everything it touched. It was coming after me and the walkers behind us.

The party was for them not me. The flames were fast and gaining and I would soon be toast.

Well not today. I took one deep breath and quickened my pace. The gate was almost closed now. With great adrenaline rushing through my veins, I slid with speed right through the gates, seconds before it closed. A second later came an even louder explosion. I could see it all in a very cool slow motion sequence. BOOOOM!!! The force from the explosion threw me out and landed me at the roots of a tree. The pain shot through my back till I could feel it in my stomach. Either ways I was gonna live.

I lay there at the foot of the tree when Moira together with Nora came rushing to me.

"Candace you okay?" She asked.
"Why does the world hate me?" I groaned. She laughed.

"Girl you are a survivor." She stated.
"Yeah my back don't think so." I replied as she helped me to my feet.

"Cmon. Let's find our friends."
Said Moira.

————————-

Ps. If you liked this chapter please vote and leave your comments