~Chapter 16~

Previously on Nightmare

After the whole group is captured, Candace and Moira find themselves in some sorta mine that is most definitely not Boscorp. Stripped of their weapons, they are left to survive on anything they lay their hands on.

~ Chapter 16~

The dust from the broken wood plates filled the air. It smelled like it was centuries old. I begun to push myself back up. This was no time to be an archeologist.

I felt like every bone in my body had been shattered. Broken to bits. I couldn't feel my legs. My whole body felt numb. I had to get up. Moira needed help. I could hear the sound of gunshots echo in the room.

Taking a deep breath, I tried moving my body, trying desperately to regain control of my own body parts. I could feel it working. A few seconds after, I could finally move my legs. Placing my palms firm on the floor, I pushed out of the hurdle atop me with a hunched back.

In no time, I was out of the broken pieces of wood. My body ached with throbbing pain all over. But that wasn't going to stop me from getting back at that motherfucker.

Moira was still firing at the mummy. The look on her face told me she really needed help. The mummy had its back turned towards me.

I quickly looked around and spotted the dagger on the cold floor. I picked it up and slowly stepped out of the broken pieces of wood. Slowly I got to a clear ground. Without wasting much time, I rushed at the mummy from behind,  jumped unto its back and stabbed it right in the neck with the dagger. The blade sunk deep.

The mummy stopped almost immediately in its tracks and slowly turned its head all the way around in 360 clockwise rotation. It's dead eyes looked straight into mine and I could feel it's soul. 

I quickly drew out the dagger from its neck and thrusted it right into its right eye. It gave a loud shriek as it shook me off. I landed hard against the wall next to the door before dropping to the floor with a heavy thud.

I'm getting tired of monsters throwing me around.

I quickly went after it again as it clutched unto its damaged eye. With great speed, I speared it to the ground, raised the dagger high into the air above me and brought it down hard as I sunk it deep into its heart. It gave out a loud roar this time and died.

I sat atop it still with the dagger buried in its heart.

Moira approached me, breathing heavily.
"You've really got a knack for saving my life."

"I just couldn't let you have all the fun and then do the victory dance." I replied, also breathing heavily.

"Victory dance?" She asked.

"Never mind." I said, after realizing she wasn't following.

"Cmon. Let's get outta here."She said.

I got off the lifeless mummy and headed for the door. We walked out.

"I can't stay here one more second." I said.

"I know. I'm not planning to do so either."

Just as I took another step, we heard a low growl behind us. I lifted my head to the ceiling in desperation and gave one loud sigh.
"Why can't these monsters just die once and for all?" I asked rhetorically.