~Chapter 14~

Previously on NIGHTMARE

Candace and the rest of the team after leaving the tower for Boscorp, are intercepted by unknown forces definitely not walkers and are captured after some wild action.

~Chapter 14~

"Run Candace run"!! Her voice echoed as I watched my younger self climb down the window. Everything was all blur but vision was still possible.

"Take the kid upstairs!" My dad yelled at my mom as she run upstairs with me. I quickly followed her.

"Mommy, I'm scared"

"Don't worry Candace. Everything will be alright."

Just then the whole place went pitch black. It was like I was standing in emptiness.

"A great cry of pain sent me whirling around to meet the same emptiness as the cry echoed in what seemed to be a far distance.
I could hear my little voice scream and the cries of my mom echo all around in no exact position.

I looked around and saw a trail of blood leading straight through a door that appeared out of absolutely Nowhere.
I slowly followed it and got to the closed door. Turning the knob I slowly opened it and walked through. Immediately I was on the cold dark streets.

"Candace?" A voice called from behind me. I quickly turned to see a woman with blond hair and hazel blue eyes that stared at me from a smooth and beautifully rounded face.  She had a look of horror as she looked at me.

"Mom?" I called out to her.

She immediately took to her heels. I run after her.

"Wait!" I called out. She just kept running.

She quickly turned a corner into an empty alley. Pieces of newspaper littered the alley The shade of the night gave her cover.

"Mom wait!" I pleaded. Of course she didn't listen. I increased my pace, running faster to catch up to her. She was pretty fast.

She immediately turned another corner to her left. I quickly jumped after her as I tried grabbing her but my hands fell on thin air.

I stood there, puzzled.

I threw my eyes around and she was nowhere to be found.

As I was about giving up, I caught a glimpse of her running towards the street.

"Wait! Stop!" I said as I run after her once again. I got to the street and there she was, standing right in the middle of the empty road, staring at me with an emotionless face.

"Mom!" I called, expecting some sort of reaction. She begun to take few steps back and I took few steps towards her.

Suddenly the whole street was filled with walkers. She took a single look at me and run into the mass horde. The mass number of walkers swallowed her figure from my sight.  They all turned their gaze towards me. I immediately pulled took out both Gladius, tapping them against my thighs as the blades sprung out. 

Without mercy, I plunged into them, slicing and cutting them down in mass numbers. I could feel the adrenaline rush through my veins. Without mercy, I brought them all down. Sinking my blades deep into their skin and walking deeper.  Withine a short while, I had butchered them all, sinking my final strike into the heart of a final walker. My blades were stained with gore as I stood in a lake of blood.

I raised my eyes to see my mom standing with her back against a wall. It was a dead end. There was nowhere left to run. I could see terror in her eyes as she looked at me.