~Epilogue~

Previously On NIGHTMARE.

"Well pumpkin you see........." he said as he stood up from the seat and walked into the light, revealing his identity.
"..............You're my favorite person." He finished.

The sight of him made me weak all of a sudden. I dropped both gladius with my eyes fixed on him. I couldn't take my eyes off. I was angry and afraid all at the same time.

"Dad??" I barely managed to whisper.

~Chapter 24~

"In the flesh pumpkin!!  Did you miss me?" He taunted.

"I don't understand. You died. I saw those walkers eat you up and break your bones like it was nothing."

"Death is inevitable, yes. But to some of us, death is a new life. And you know how that feels? It feels awesome pumpkin. It's awesome when you can control the very existence of yourself and mankind altogether. And that is a true definition of power."
He narrated. I did not want to do this. If he had turned so evil, there was no other way. And I guessed he won't hesitate to finish me or my friends off either. 

"You see pumpkin, the vector is not a virus, it's——power." He said as he descended the Aisle. "Its power is much more than you could ever imagine. It has made me feel alive. Way alive than I've ever felt all these years." He concluded.

"No! This is not you. This can't be you." I said.  "You were my hero. I looked up to you!"

"Hunny we all look up to someone. Tell you what. When I was your age, my hero was———-well I didn't really have a hero besides Superman but even he died. How disappointing. If there's one thing I've  learnt, it's ——you gotta be your own hero.  Live your own fantasies. It's The quickest way to win."  He finished.
Clearly the man who stood before me Now was no longer the man I once knew as my dad. My dad was a loving father and a great husband. But this, this was a monster.

"Now let's get to business. You came looking for this?" He said, holding out a cylindrical glass container containing an amber serum, twice the length of my middle finger.

"The cure!!" Jess blurted out.

"Ah yes. The cure. The end to this whole Apocalypse. I could just give it to you. No biggie. But I'm not going to. Because I finally have the final ingredient to make myself immortal and live like a god, thanks to you"  He stated.

"What are you talking about?" I quickly questioned.

"The girl is my last ingredient. She possesses true power.  Just the right amount of blood from her should make me invincible. And thanks to you, that dream is going to be a reality. You played right into my hands." He finished with a menacing grin.

"Dad you don't have to do this." I reasoned with him.

"Oh but I really wanna." He replied.
"Join me Candace. We could rule it all you and me. Finally you would take back all those moments we could have spent together all these years. What do you say Candace. Join me and have a taste of real power." He finished.

"Fine. Then you will die as well."
His voice felt so cold and is heart as hard as stone.

"Umm quick question. We're not gonna fight your dad are we?" Moira asked.