~Chapter 2~

Previously on Nightmare.

Walkers infiltrate the sewer and David is bitten. Candace wants to bury David like a normal person although he will still turn a walker. In the process, Candace is surrounded by walkers in an attempt to bury David above ground.

~Chapter 2~

I looked at them once again and then at the sewer. My heart beat faster than it ever had. It was suicide but I had to take my chances. It was either I stay and died to later join the crusade, or try to save my own life.

I took one deep breath, pulled out my gun from behind it's resting place and on my own count, made a run for it, heading directly towards the sewer.

They wasted no time in coming after me. Their feet sounded like a stampede of buffaloes. 

They were quite some distance away from the sewer hole but was it just me or were they like super fast.

They covered a great distance in a short while. I was now certain there was no way I could make it to the hole.

I had to fight my way through and hopefully wish to stay in one piece.

I was within a hundred and fifty meters away from the hole but they had already swarmed over it. I only prayed they had not entered it to find Jess. 

Sixty meters and closing, I tightened my grip on the gun, narrowed my eyes at the lead walker, aimed my pistol and pulled the trigger while still running.

A bullet escaped the barrel of the pistol, soared through the air and sunk straight into its forehead.

A headshot was the perfect way to kill a walker and also save yourself some ammo.

The first kill didn't stop them. They charged on. With only one gun, it was going to be difficult to eliminate more than one target at a time. Perhaps this was a stupid decision but I had already plunged myself into it.

A few more meters and I would crash into them. They had already run past the sewer hole. That would give me a perfect chance in fighting my way through.

I looked up ahead scanning the remaining nineteen that were running widely towards me.

A brilliant idea popped up in my head. It just had to work. But I needed one of those goons to make it work.

I quickly scanned through and found one male walker that would be a bit difficult to take down. It was kinda fat and it was about about five meters ahead of the others.

Quite fast for a fat walker.

I aimed my pistol once again and sent a bullet right into its right knee. The hit brought it down on all fours.

I instantly doubled up speed, fixing my eyes on him.

If I could gain enough speed, I should be able to perform a jump high enough to land me behind them. It was so going to work.

Ten meters away, I took one long stride and just when it was about getting back up unto its feet, I jumped high, used it's back as a mid step and raised myself high into the air over all the others.

I landed landed hard on my side with a snap.  I had no time to debate whether it was bone or twig.

The speed at which they run, didn't give them the chance to stop instantly. They ended up tumbling over each other in an attempt.

Great. That would spare me some time to get into the hole that was now about fifteen meters in front of me.

I looked back at the walkers and my heart skipped. They were already on their feet and closing.