~Chapter 18~

Previously on NIGHTMARE.
Jess and Candace find themselves in a huge problem as a large horde of walkers chase after them in thirst of their soft juicy flesh.

~Chapter 18~

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" I asked. We had been walking for the past three hours and we seemed to be getting nowhere. Moira on the other hand didn't look bothered. Simply just walking on. We were in a jungle that stretched a little mile back almost to where we had started from.

"Well according to my PDS, this indeed is the right way to go if I'm reading it correctly." Moira replied.

"What if you aren't? You know what, Give me that!" I said and swiped the PDS from Moira's hands. Looking at the screen, all i could see were numbers everywhere in a matrix.

"How do you even read this thing? It's just a bunch of numbers." I asked.

"Thanks for trying!" Moira said before taking it back from me. She looked at the screen once more and lifted her head to look at the horizon.

As we walked on for some few more minutes, the PDS gave out a beep beep beep beep, signaling to Moira, our arrival to their destination.

"We're here!" Moira said, pointing to a wretched old looking mine that stood at the edge of a cliff.

We went closer and Moira looked over the cliff. It was a rather steep cliff and a very long way down. The wind blew her hair in her face and she stroked it behind her right ear.

The sun was about setting and we had to be fast.

A few kilometers out in a distance on a hill was the radio tower.  But we couldn't get to it. The bridge was out.

"Okay. So I got good news and bad news. Which one you wanna hear first?" Moira asked.

"What's the good news." I asked.

"What's the good news? I've located the radio tower. A few more kilometers and we're there."

"And the bad news?"

"Well, the bridge is out and we can't get to it."

"So what do we do now?"

"There is a tunnel around here that leads all the way down there. Settlers of this island used the tunnel to transport their tools to the other side. It runs underground to the other side of that wood factory down there and from there, we have easy access to the radio tower." She explained.

"So it's a wasteland?" I asked, just to be sure.

"Most definitely." Moira answered.

"Where is the tunnel?"

"It's actually a mine shaft. Once we get to the bottom, I'm sure We'll find some of those mine carts to move faster."

"How come you know so much about these mines?"

"My dad was a miner." She said with a sad look on her face. "He used to take me around and showed me the entire mine when they weren't working. He'd always dress me up as one and tell me I look fit for the job."