~Chapter 12~

Previously on NIGHTMARE.

Candace decides to take a rest and ends up having a terrible dream about an attack on them by who knows who.

Moira finishes up the wing suits and the team rolls out, diving off the building and heading for the Alkali lake.

Their journey is interrupted by a strange chopper that emerges out of nowhere and starts shooting missiles at them.

~Chapter 12~

The great force of the explosion sent us both plummeting down towards the hard concrete ground below. I looked above and saw Jess together with the others trying effortlessly to escape the chopper that was on their tail.

We had to get back up and help them.

The wind blew in my face as we continued falling.

We had to gain altitude somehow and fast.

An idea quickly shot into my head. I immediately reached into my belt and took out a smoke grenade.

Chloe's eyes widened as she saw what I was about doing.

"You want to kill us!!" She yelled over the sound of rushing air to me.

"More like saving your ass. I said flatly and threw it a few meters ahead of us. It landed right between two seriously dented cars.

Its not like walkers can drive.

It would detonate in five seconds. That would save us some time from the flames. Three seconds after it touched the concrete floor far below us, it went of with a Huge BOOM!! as the flames burned below and the smoke filled the air.

"Glide over the smoke!!" I yelled to Chloe who looked at me like I was some kinda freak. Oh wait. I am some kinda freak. No one explodes the bare ground just to fly over it.

"Are you crazy? I'm not doing that!!"  She replied.

"Suit yourself!" I said flat and dived down towards it. A few meters to the flames I closed my mask, And spread open my arms and legs as I went through the smoke. The heated air from the flames quickly caught the suit and elevated it with much force right to the top. I was going higher. The rushing air made it easy. I was gaining altitude again.

In a few seconds I was back at the original altitude I was supposed to fly.

I looked down below and saw Chloe do same as the flames shot her up.

I rolled my eyes and forgot about her. I threw my eyes around but couldn't see the rest of them.

I could hear the sound of the chopper.

I looked around once again and caught a glimpse of dark smoke in a bit of a distance emanating from the buildings. Obviously the chase was still on. I tried to glide as fast as I could towards the dark smokes.

A few moments later I could make out Moira and the team trying desperately to get away. My current speed wouldn't allow me to catch up.

I needed to think fast. As I glided on, I heard the second chopper from behind me. I instantly had a daring idea. I had only seen this done in the movies but it was now time to test it in real life. I made a right and clung to the metal bars of the building.

Since the choppers were in pursuit of the team, they would fly low through the buildings. That would allow me the chance to engage from above.

I held on tight to the bars of the sky scraper on which I clung and begun to climb up. It wasn't very tall from where I landed so I could get there on time before the chopper came.