~Chapter 5~

Previously on Nightmare.

Candace together with Jess try escaping from the hungry horde of flesh eating walkers. But the unfortunate happens and their car turns over. At the brink of death when all seems lost, a couple of strangers come to the rescue.

~Chapter 5~

Ugggh I moaned as I gained consciousness. My entire body hurt but my head throbbed with the most pain. I placed my hand on my forehead still with my eyes closed, trying to soothe the pain.

I opened my eyes and sat up. My vision was all blurry. I blinked once and twice as I tried to make out the items in the room.

It was somewhat dark but there seemed to be light emanating from some source.

I rubbed both eyes with my fingers and opened them again. It was no good. What was happening to me.

I threw my eyes around wildly and tried getting back up to my feet.

A sharp throbbing pain in my back sent me back down on the bed. I sat up and closed my eyes for a while. Then slowly I opened them. My sight begun to gain its focus back. I could see things much clearer now.

I found myself in some kind of room. It was dark with a few lights that were not even bright enough. There were pieces of papers and other tools on a bedside table right beside me.

I looked around and noticed a wall, plastered with lots and lots of pictures. They looked rather strange. I carefully stood up, making sure I wouldn't fall again, and went for a closer look.

My heart jumped upon visual. It was horrible. All those photographs contained images of humans. People were being tortured. There was a man with an axe dividing his head, spilling its contents.

There was another photograph of a female locked up in a tube filled with water, tied in chains.

There were numerous others. The gore. Whoever brought me here was torturing people to death.

I scanned through them. My heart beat faster and faster. It was so horrible but I couldn't take my eyes off.

I finally looked away and noticed a monitor. They was a paused video of some sort of lab experiment.

I moved closer, scanned the keyboard and hit the space bar on the keyboard.

The video resumed play.

There was a guy in a tube. Like the photograph, he was binded in chains.

The scientist pushed some buttons and air hissed into the tube. After the subject exhaled it, he begun to scream so loud until he passed out.

Then they pumped some sorta water into the tube, filling it to brim, still with the subject inside.

The video was fast forwarded to sometime later when the subject had gained consciousness. It roared like an animal and with great strength, broke out of the tube.

It was no longer human. It's like they had mutated it.

It attacked everything and everyone. Tearing out the flesh from their necks and other areas.

It looked no different from a walker.

It suddenly turned to the camera and pounced on it. The video was cut off, leaving the screen with a no signal.

My eyes were still fixed on the no signal screen. There were thousands of thoughts rushing through my head.

This wasn't an accident. These people were experimented on. It was either whoever brought me here was responsible for this whole massacre, or definitely knew something about it.