~Chapter 7~

Previously on NIGHTMARE.

Candace after getting all her gear finds a tunnel which leads her to an underground storage where she finds I Max, Chloe's ex boyfriend. In a conversation, Nigel drops the news of the walkers attacking.

~Chapter 7~

"What's happening!" I asked.
"The walkers are infiltrating the tower. They've broken into the lower chamber." Chloe explained.

"Stan and Nigel, keep an eye on us. Michael and Jess, secure the entrance. Candace and Moira, you're with me. We're taking the courtyard." She gave out the orders.

I didn't really liked to be ordered around, but this time, I had to make an exception.

"Hey, what about me?" Max asked, looking straight at Candace.

"You? Stay and babysit the rats." She said.

"Cmon!" She called. We followed her out of the tunnel, leaving max behind.

We got back to the hallway that led up to the sleeping chambers. The sirens blared louder than when we were down there.

Chloe lead us out of the hallway into a large rounded chamber. I hadn't seen this part before. There were six heavy metal doors evenly spaced in a circle.

They looked more like elevators.

There were lights on the ceiling that gave the chamber a bluish-white glow.

"This is where we part people, you know what to do." Chloe announced.

Stan and Nigel headed for the western door to the screen room to check the cameras.

The remaining five of us run over to the western door.

"You two are our only hope of defense Incase things should turn ugly. If we don't make it back, blow up the gate. The blast should be large enough to destroy anything in the courtyard." Chloe said.

"Wait what?" Jess blared out. "We can't do that?" She protested.

"That's an order." Chloe stated with her voice full of authority. However I trusted her for some reason. She had handled them all this long.

If she didn't know what she was doing, they'd all be dead by now.

"It's okay Jess. We'll make it back soon. I promise." I assured. The look she gave me was one of worry.

I pulled her close and hugged her tight.

She hugged me tighter and finally let go.

"Be sure to come back in one piece." Micheal said with a smirk.

Moira hit a button that was on the center of the closed door and they opened with a bing!

I was right. They were elevators.

We stepped inside and stood facing Michael and Jess. We kept eye contact till the elevator doors fully closed.

A soft humming was heard as the elevator begun it's descend.

"Okay so what's our plan?" I asked.

"There's a large fan opposite the gate in the courtyard. Turning it on can blow away a car." She stated.

"So, we're going to blow them away?" Moira asked.

"No. The fan has a reverse switch which sucks in air instead of blowing it.
If we could turn it on, we could shred those things to pieces." She completed.