~Chapter 15~

Previously on NIGHTMARE

After battling and destroying the first set of enemies, another comes in an makes the fight harder. With another successful defeat, comes consequences as their plane crashes to the ground. They are captured by the unknown and are taken to an Abandoned mine where another Nightmare begins.

~Chapter 15~

"This is really deep. I'm tired already." Moira complained as we climbed our way down.  It hadn't even been five minutes and she was already complaining told me just how much she didn't wanna go down there.

"Climb and quit whining." I answered her from below. "Perhaps you could keep quiet since we don't know what's down there."

"Of course. Safety measures." She sneered sarcastically.

A few minutes later we touched ground.  Our voices echoed as we spoke. It was pitch black. Total darkness. Not even a percentage of light.

"Are you down yet?" I called out to the now invincible Moira. Strangely there was no answer. No sound of movement.

"Moira you okay?" I asked again hoping to get an answer this time. In my mind, I had already answered the question, just waiting for her to just repeat it. There was an Awkward silence.

"Moira?" I said, now getting worried. I couldn't see a thing.

"Very funny Moira. I'm not falling for it." There was still no answer but deafening silence.

CLANK!! I heard behind me as I quickly swirled around.

"Moira?" I called again.

Slowly I begun taking steps backwards, back to the ladder we had climbed down.  She probably climbed back up.

A few more steps backwards, by back touched a body. I stood still. Not knowing what it was that stood behind me. It's presence sent chills down my spine. I could feel it's breath on my neck as it breathed heavily. It came closer as I felt it's body pressing against me as it leaned in from behind. I didn't attack. What if it was Moira playing a stupid prank on me although I wasn't so sure now.

I could now feel it's warm breath at the back of my right ear.

"BOO!!"

"AHHHHHHRRR" I screamed as my heart sunk into my stomach, causing me to jump with fright. Then it begun to laugh hysterically.

I could recognize the voice. It was Moira.

"Jesus Christ Moira, you bitch." I cursed.

"I sure would have loved to see the look on your face" she said as she continued to laugh.

"Ha......Ha......Ha.  Very funny." I said.

"Oh God I can't breathe." She continued laughing.

"Now that you've had your laugh, can we just get to business please?" I asked. I must say. She really got me good.

"Yeah. Of course!" She said as she giggled. She flipped on her bright torch as the light burned the darkness. It wasn't that bright considering it was a flashlight but at least it was better.

We stood in the center of the space, environed by five different steel doors and some sorta machines that were probably out of function.

The body of the dead cop laid a few steps to our right.

I quickly walked over to the body to get the keys. I looked at the belt and frowned.  The keys were gone. I searched all over the cops corpse but the keys were gone.