~Chapter 9~

Previously on Nightmare

It's a hot and brutal fight with the stomper but Candace manages to kill him and save the day with the help of Moira.

~Chapter 9~

I lay in the bed at the infirmary, clutching my stomach as the throbbing pain continued. I had never felt such pain. What did he give to me?

Nigel looked busy with all his medic stuff. I could feel he wasn't very comfortable around me. And I didn't expect him to. I understood him.

After our first encounter, I was pretty sure the last thing he wanted was for us to be at a place alone.

Someway somehow I had to apologize.

"Hey." I called. He looked startled upon hearing my voice.

"Uhh.....yeah? You okay?" He answered. Not very sure about what he should call me.

"I'm fine. Thanks."

"Cool."
"Umm I just wanna apologize for the other time. I wasn't very nice." I begun.

"I know. And it's okay. I'm not holding it against you. I understand. You had just woken up and you didn't know where you were and then the thing with the pictures and the video and other stuff. I understand you didn't mean it."
He explained.

"Well....I'm sorry." I apologized.

"You don't have to be. I'm okay. Really!"

"So.....friends?" I asked with a stretched arm, waiting for a handshake.

He looked at me for a while.

"Friends!" He said after a moment of silence and starring.

"I'm Candace by the way." I continued the formalities.

"Yeah. I know. I'm Nigel." He replied. Was it just me or was the conversation getting boring.  It was killing me.

I felt the presence of someone else in the room. I directed my eyes towards the door and there stood Jess.

She smiled at me and walked towards me in her new getup.

"I'll excuse you both." Nigel said as he walked out of the room.

"You look good in that." I complimented. 

"I guess I should say thanks?" She said, unsure of herself. "Although I render it useless." She continued to say.

"What do you mean?" I questioned her statement.

"It's not me. THIS...is not me. I don't walk around gunning down walkers. I don't do guns."

"So....what are you then?"

"I don't know. But I'm definitely not doing guns."

"What can you do then?"

"Well, I am good at swinging!" She said. "Baseball bats, chains but that will only slow me down........CROWBARS!  I can definitely do crowbars." She finished excited.

"You're crazy." I simply said.

She pulled up a chair and sat next to me with a silent face. She starred at me for a while.