Eighteen

Y/N's P.O.V.

Doing the case with Cas by my side was easy. Yeah, the guy had more than a few flaws, but he made up for it with good intentions and genuine kindness.
We ended up moving on to a town in Arkansas, for another case, then to South Dakota, then Wisconsin.
It was going well until Cas got a call from Sam. We were about to go and take out a small nest of vamps, but Sam wanted us back at the Bunker.

"You go ahead. Get back to the bunker and I'll clean up the nest." I decided and Cas looked at me uncertainly. We were stood outside of our motel.

"You haven't been back there in over 2 months." Cas said and I sighed. In those 2 months, I had become close with the angel and saw him as a brother, much like I did with Sam.

"I'm working, Cas. I don't exactly have all the time in the world." The angel looked at me warily.

"You're avoiding talking to them. You decline their calls and ignore their messages, but you should come back and talk to them. Talk to Dean." I shook my head.

"I have to finish this case. They're doing fine without me." The angel sighed.

"Fine. Finish your case and keep on running." He was pissed, that was easy to notice.
"Because I'm not running with you anymore. They need us and you're too scared to admit your feelings and go home." Cas got in his car and I pushed down all the hurt, giving him the finger. He drove away and I walked into my motel room.

"I'll be fine on my own." I said to myself, going to the bathroom and splashing my face with water.
I looked in the mirror and I saw a pissed off looking Dean staring back at me. I shook my head and looked again to see my husband that my mother killed, Tommy's father, Sebastian.
He looked as if he was trying to say something and I felt tears prick at my eyes.

"Whore." I heard him whisper and I screamed, punching the mirror.

Dean's P.O.V.

I sat at the library table, beer in hand and the bunker door opened and closed.

"What's the emergency? I got here as fast as I could." Cas took deep breaths and Sam frowned.

"There's no emergency, Cas. I was trying to get Y/N to come back." Sam explained and I scoffed.

"I told you she wouldn't show. But her new boyfriend did." Sam and Cas looked equally confused and I stood up, walking over to the angel.
"Oh, come on. Tell me you didn't sleep with her. You've been alone with her for 2 months, I doubt nothing happened."

"Dean, you're drunk." Sam said.

"Shut up, Sammy."

"She's like a sister to me, Dean." Cas said in an almost warning tone.
"I haven't touched her."

"Yeah, right. Come on, Castiel. Y/N is beautiful and it's not like I'm dating her anymore. She's yours if you want her, though I wouldn't trust her too much. Once she gets what she wants, she'll move on." Cas punched me and I laughed.
"Aw, defending the lady's honour, Castiel?"

"You don't even know what happened." Cas growled and I punched him back.

"Are we talking about the case or your relationship?" Cas punched me again, and again, and again, until Sam stopped him.

"She was scared, Dean." Cas glared at me and I spat the blood out of my mouth.

"I knew I could smell drama, is this about dearest Y/N?" I turned to see Crowley.
"Squirrel, you look like crap. We need to talk."

"Not now, Crowley." Sam snapped.
"What was Y/N scared of?"

"The last hunt you did." Cas glared at me.

"Oh." Crowley muttered.
"The hunt with the werewolf?"

"Yes." Cas wiped blood from his nose.
"She knew the risks and the plan was to isolate it and kill it, but it locked the door and grabbed her. She could barely move, and only just grabbed her knife as Dean burst in."

"She thought she was going to die." Crowley continued, shaking his head.
"She told me in the bar that she didn't think her immortality could help her survive what he did to the other girls. She froze and she was waiting for Dean to come and rescue her, but Squirrel took it the wrong way. It broke her heart."

"Bullshit." I muttered, my head spinning.

"She wanted to tell you, but she is hurt enough. I think she's scared to come back here."