Forty Three

Y/N's P.O.V.

I had become strangely protective over the small pup over the next week. Everyone had, even Dean, who had gone and spent money on puppy food and toys.
The scratches I had gotten from the fight were healing nicely and the pup had barely left my side.
I had decided to name him 'Moose', but obviously no one knew that accept me.

"Any luck?" Dean asked Sam as he came back from his trip into town.

"No, no one has lost any dogs recently. I guess were just going to have to give him to an animal rescue centre." I glared at the younger Winchester and moved closer to the sleeping pup, letting out a quiet growl.

"I don't know, Sammy." Dean sighed.
"It feels wrong, you know? The mother died protecting the little guy, after trusting us with him? I kinda feel responsible."

"You want to keep him? Dean, you hate dogs!" Sam said in frustration.
"I get it, he's cute and seems to love it here, but Hunting isn't safe for a dog. Y/N back me up here, you don't want him getting hurt, do you?" I rolled my eyes and the pup sneezed, waking himself up.

"I don't hate dogs." Dean said.
As soon as Moose saw that Sam was back, he barked happily and tried to run over to him, but tripped. I watched in amusement as he picked himself up and made it over to the younger Winchester.
"We can look after him, keep him away from immediate danger, it won't be too big of a deal."

"Fine, but I bet this will bite you in the ass." Sam picked up the puppy and began playing with him.

"Whatever, I'm going for a shower." Dean headed towards our room and I followed him. He opens the bedroom door and I immediately jumped up onto the bed.
"Am I being selfish about the puppy? It's not my fault I feel responsible."

"What is he your kid?" I attempted to say, but it came out as a series of whines and barks.

"Are you mocking me?" Dean asked, sticking his tongue out, before disappearing into the bathroom.
When he came out, he was still dripping wet and only in a towel.
I shook my head and covered my face with my paw, causing him to scoff.
"What?"

"What?" I repeated with a sigh.

"That time I know you were mocking me." Dean dropped onto the bed, wearing a tee and some sweats. He laid his head against my side.
"You know, I can't wait for you to be human again. I'm definitely going to miss this version of you, but I can't wait for you to come back. I'm honing to need name suggestions for the puppy and... God I've missed waking up to you laying next to me."
The door cracked open slightly and the puppy jumped up onto the bed.
"Hey, buddy." Moose curled up between us, falling asleep almost instantly.