Twenty Two

Sam's P.O.V.

I watched Dean carefully as he looked between his burger on the fridge and I knew exactly what he was thinking.
I hadn't forgiven him for what he had done, but I gave him a chance to explain. He admitted to checking out other girls, but as far as the phone calls go, it was one and he told the woman to loose his number. I believed him, he beat himself up over it for hours after Crowley brought it up.
Y/N walked in, surprising us all.

"Hey." I smiled at her and she barely glanced at me. I walked up to her.
"You ok? You've been distant." I asked quietly and she sighed, opening the fridge and taking a bottle of water.

"Fine." She sighed and took a drink.
"Beer?" She didn't even look at Dean and I shook my head, no.
She walked out of the kitchen and probably back to her room. She rarely left it since we made it back. That was a week ago.

"Talk to her." I looked at Dean.

"She won't even look at me." He replied quietly.

"Get over it, Dean. She's heartbroken. She found out that you cheated, before she was left in Hell for 10 years!" Dean glared at me.

"I didn't cheat!" He pushed up from the table. I sighed and grabbed a bottle of water, before going to the library.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sat on the end of my bed, trying to think everything over. Well, technically, I had thought everything over. I was just doing it again. And again. And again.
Someone knocked on the door, but I only looked at it. I kind of expected whoever it was to just walk in, that's what Crowley did in Hell. By the time I had finished thinking about it, I wasn't sure that they had knocked at all.
The door opened and Dean sighed, holding his hand over his eyes.

"Are you decent?" He asked and I smiled a little, before frowning.

"I have clothes on, if that's what you mean?" He moved his hand away, before closing the door.

"I think we need to talk." He leaned against the wall and I noticed a small look of fear in his eyes.

"About?" He frowned, looking down.

"Come on, Y/N. Everything." He looked at me carefully, as if he was studying me.
"Hell. Crowley. Us."

"Hell was a blast. You stopped me from killing Crowley and there is no us." Dean gulped and looked away.

"I don't know what Crowley told you, but-"

"But you were checking out other women and calling that bitch from the hospital?" Dean took a deep breath and I crossed my legs.
"You said it yourself, to love someone, you have to trust them."

"Y/N, let me explain." He pleaded.
"Yes, I did look at other chicks, but that was it. I called the receptionist to tell her to get rid of my number. I didn't want her to call and for you to think that I was cheating. I wouldn't stoop that low."

"But I would?" I scoffed and his eyes widened.

"No! I just- I was pissed. Y/N, I was drunk and pissed and when I saw the werewolf on top of you I was so jealous. I hate myself for that." I watched him and noticed how he was tapping his leg nervously. There were bags under his eyes that were as dark as Cas' hair and overall he looked so drained.

"When was the last time you slept?" I asked, surprising both of us.

"Uh, I got 45 minutes last night." He muttered.
"20 minutes the night before?"

"Go to bed. You look ready to pass out." I looked down at my bed.

"I can't." His voice cracked and I wanted to comfort him. I wanted to hug him, kiss him, tell him everything was going to be ok, but I couldn't.
"Y/N, I'm so worried about you. You only leave your room to get a drink and you barely eat. I've been past your room at different hours of the night and morning and your light is on. I can't sleep because you're not sleeping either."

"Dean-"

"No, Y/N. I've done it, been to Hell. It messes you up, but you need to look after yourself. You have to let us in." Dean sat down next to me.
"You scare the crap out of me, because I love you so much and I destroyed that. Now you're destroying yourself."

"Hell was different for you. You experienced pain and torture, whereas I was numb and alone. Believe me, I'd rather do 100 years of what you went through, than 10 more years of being alone." He wrapped his arm around me and part of me wanted to scream at him, but a bigger part of me wanted to just let it happen.

"You're not going back to Hell." He kissed the top of my head.
"Not whilst you have me, Sam and Cas." I leaned into his side and I felt safe for the first time in, what felt like, forever.