Thirty One

Y/N's P.O.V.

I woke up with a yawn and Dean's arms wrapped around me. I smiled to myself and moved closer to the sleeping hunter.

"We have a problem." I shot up, accidentally waking Dean, and grabbed the gun from the bedside table. Dean groaned and looked at me, before looking at who the gun was pointed at.
"Darling, you know that won't hurt me."

"No, but it might make me feel a little better about myself."

"What do you want, Crowley? Can't it wait until later, we were kind of in the middle of sleeping?" Dean growled and my brother rolled his eyes.

"Shall I just tell Lucifer to put his plans on hold for a few hours?" Dean tensed.
"Exactly. Mother dearest attempted to do something and her spell went a little sideways, letting him free."

"Son of a bitch." Dean said, getting out of bed.
"Meet us in the library in 5." Crowley disappeared and Dean punched the wall.

"Hey, calm down." I walked over to him and grabbed his wrists.
"Get dressed and we'll get everyone up." He nodded his head with a sigh, kissing my head.
I threw on some jeans and an AC/DC shirt, before going to wake Sam. It was a silent agreement to not wake the redheaded girl.
I wasn't too surprised to find Sam asleep and Gabriel sat at the desk, reading a book.

"What's wrong?" The Archangel asked as soon as I walked in.

"Get Sam up then meet us in the library. Don't wake Charlie." I went to turn around but Gabriel grabbed my wrist.

"It's 4 in the morning, Y/N. What is wrong?" His tone was serious and it was actually terrifying.

"Just get your asses to the library ASAP." I left the room and made it to the library, where Dean, Cas and Crowley were waiting.
"Gabe and Sam will be here in a minute." As promised, the two boys appeared.

"What's going on?" Sam asked groggily and Crowley sighed.

"Mother was trying to preform some kind of ritual, but it went a little bit wrong." He said calmly.

"Seriously? That's the problem?" Sam asked in annoyance.

"She temporarily opened the gates to Lucifer's cage and he escaped before the doors closed. Now he's free and last time I checked, the people he wanted to kill the most are all in this room." Crowley fumed and Gabriel looked uneasy.
"We need to kill him, once and for all."

"No." Gabriel shook his head.
"Lucifer is my brother."

"Gabe-" Sam tried to reason.

"No. You wouldn't kill Dean because someone told you to. You wouldn't even kill him when he was a demon. You wouldn't help anyone kill him and I'm doing the same for Lucifer." Gabriel crossed his arms over his chest.
"I'll take Charlie somewhere safe, but I'm sorry. I won't help you kill him."

"He has a point." I sighed.
"We need to keep as few people involved as possible, avoid casualties."

"Fine." Dean wrapped his arm around my waist. I yawned a little.
"Gabriel can take Charlie in the morning, if he's not going to help us kill him, he can help us find him."

"Maybe killing him isn't the best idea?" Sam suggested.
"Maybe we can throw him in the cage and put a more permanent lock on it?"

"I suppose I could repeat the spell if I had her books." Sam looked at me weirdly.

"Y/N, you're not a witch." I smiled awkwardly and shrugged.

"Not anymore, but it's only been a century. I still know more than I want to." They all looked at me in genuine surprise
"She my mother. Of course she taught me magic."

"That's not necessary, she's alive." Crowley sighed.
"I locked her in Hell, thinking she could be at least a little helpful."

"You can do magic?" Dean asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Basic stuff, you know, hex bags, curses, setting stuff on fire." Dean shrugged.
"So we get Rowena, get Lucifer, preform the spell and then Satan is back in the pit?"

"You make it sound easy."