Forty Two

Y/N's P.O.V.

I looked between Dean, Cas, Sam and the slice of pie Dean had just dropped.
Floor food was not something I'd ever eat unless I was desperate, or in this case, attempting to irritate Dean.
Being a wolf was hard and boring, it had only been 3 days, but I needed some form of entertainment.

"Y/N? Sweetheart, I love you, but don't you dare." He had his hands raised, both Sam and Cas watching with smirks on their faces, waiting to see who would win.
Dean bent down slightly and I growled. He backed off a little and I glanced at the pie.
"Y/N, do you understand what I mean by that's the last slice of pie? I'm eating it."

"Dean, it's on the floor. You're not eating it." Sam said, but Dean didn't dare break eye contact with me.

"He's eaten a lot worse." Cas mumbled.
"It doesn't matter, Y/N will get the pie."

"No she won't. Have you met Dean?" Sam scoffed Dean smirked a little.
I heard growling and dropped my attention from the pie, narrowing my eyes at the doorway to the kitchen. I heard Dean saying something, but I ignored him as I moved forward.
A hand touched my head and I glanced up to see Cas stood next to me with a confused look on his face.

"What's going on?" Sam asked and I heard another growl, followed by a whimper. I ran, feeling Cas reach out to stop me, but I had to get to the source of the sound. I heard them running after me, but ignored them.
I made it to the garage and jumped up, pushing against the doors, thankfully they were unlocked and opened easily.

"Y/N, don't." Dean said, coming into the garage.
"You could get hurt." A much weaker whimper came this time and I felt an urge to help. Call it my temporary animalistic instincts.
I ran out to the side of the bunker, where there was 2 stray dogs fighting. One was beaten up badly, but not giving up.
It was like I couldn't control myself as a loud growl erupted from my chest. The dogs stopped fighting and the bigger dog looked at me challengingly.
Suddenly, it looked behind me and I looked back, seeing Sam, Dean and Cas watching us.

"Don't, Y/N's got this." Sam said, keeping Dean back.
The larger dog was a little shorter than me, being a Great Dane. The smaller was a Australian Shepherd by the look of it.
The Great Dane growled at me, barking as if telling me to back off.
When I stepped forward, he jumped at me and clawed my neck and chest.

"Y/N-!" Dean yelled and I pinned the mutt to the ground. I still couldn't control myself as I pressed my paw against his throat.
The quiet whimper stopped me from killing him and I looked at the beaten and bloodied dog. She moved a little.

"Y/N, there's a puppy." Sam almost whispered.
"She was protecting her pup." I looked back at the 3 men, before pushing the Great Dane aside and going over to the mother. I ducked down slightly and nudged the mother, she was weak and I knew she wasn't going to make it.
A part of me wanted to scream and kill the larger dog, but I knew Sam probably wouldn't let me do that.
The mother whined, looking at her pup then back at me.

"Y/N, I believe that she wants you to take it." Cas said awkwardly.
"She was a good, strong mother, but she isn't going to survive. I could heal her, but it would be kinder to put her out of her misery."

"Come on, Cas." Dean said and I looked back at them. The mother whined weakly and the pup moved, it couldn't have been older than a few weeks. I bent my head down and picked the pup up by the scruff of the neck and moved it away. I looked at the boys, before going back inside, not wanting to watch this anymore.