Thirty Nine

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Heya pretty lady." I ignored the 40-something year old and looked across the bar, seeing Dean and Sam earning some money through pool.
We were in Nebraska. Hunting the witch that was last in contact with my mother.
I sipped my beer and the bastard, that I had been ignoring for the past 10 minutes, grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch me." I said coldly, glaring at the drunken man. For some reason, he took that as an invitation to put his other hand on me, but before I could break his neck, a young, handsome brunette pulled the man off of me.
The newcomer seemed to be in his late 20s and he had piercing blue eyes, not quite as bright as Castiel's, but captivating still.

"Back off, can't you tell she doesn't want you here?" The guy growled and the dunk stumbled away.

"Thanks." I sighed, looking over to see Dean watching us carefully. I finished my beer and ordered another.

"Let me get that." The guy smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"My fiancé is buying my drinks, thanks." I smiled and Dean and he went back to his game.

"Lucky guy." The brunette sighed.
"I'm Nico."

"Y/N." I sipped my beer and suddenly a hand was on my shoulder.

"Everything Ok?" Nico looked like he was terrified and I leaned back into the Winchester.

"It's fine, Sammy. Nico here just offered to buy me a drink." I smiled.
"No big deal."

"Oh, well we're leaving soon. Dean wants to see if we can get a lead. He wants this case over and done with." I nodded my head.

"Come and get me once you're ready to go." Sam nodded and left and Nico looked deflated.

"How is your fiancé so tall?" He sipped his drink and I scoffed.

"That's his little brother." I shook my head.
"I do t suppose you've seen a woman around here. Scottish accent, red hair, bitchy?"

"Don't think so, why? What are you cops?" Not really in the mood to explain, I pulled out my fake FBI badge and showed him. He immediately stood a little straighter and I had to stop myself from laughing.

"She's an important lead on our case and she was in this town recently." I drank some of my beer.
"And if you didn't hear, my fiancé Dean wants to hurry this case up."

"No, no, I've not seen her. I can ask around though?" I nodded my head and I heard shouting over by the pool table, seeing Sam and Dean smirking at the irritated men. Dean strolled over and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Come on, we've got work." He kissed the side of my head and I noticed the worried look on Nico's face. There was something about this kid that gave me a bad feeling.

~Time Skip~

Only a few hours later Dean and I were back in the small bar, drinking our beer and talking about whatever.

"Sam said that the witch Rowena went to see us back in town tomorrow. We can pay him a visit." Dean sighed, taking a long drink of his beer.

"Great. There's something about this town that... I don't know. I've got an uneasy feeling." I replied and someone stood at the end of our table.
I looked up to see Nico with an awkward smile on his face.

"Hi Y/N." He smiled and Dean glared.

"Isn't it past your bedtime, kid?" I kicked Dean from under to table and he turned his glare to me.

"Ignore him. Nico, what's up?" The brunette sat next to me and Dean continued to glare at him.

"I asked around about that woman." He said proudly.
"No one has seen her, but there's rumours of her being in Nathan Barlow's house. He's out of town on a business trip, but he should be back tomorrow. I could take you there?"

"We've got this kid." Dean practically growled.
"Why don't you run along? Isn't it a school night?" Nico stood up and I was about to thank him, but he had already left.

"Dean, what the hell?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"He was trying to help us out."

"He was checking you out." Dean said without hesitation.

"Don't even start with jealousy now." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm going to apologise, see you back at the motel."

"Y/N, wait..." Dean started, but I was already on my way out.