Chapter 5

Jayden's POV

Asher's house was huge. He had giant gates, in front. His yard was ginormous.  His house alone looked like the biggest thing around here. Of course that's normal for me. I've lived in a house that basically looks like a shed.

I drove up to his house, cut the engine, and followed him in. The saying 'The house looks smaller on the outside' is so true right now. We walk in through the entrance and into the kitchen. It had 3 stoves 2 ovens and 4 Refrigerators. The island looked like it stretched all the way across the room.

"Do you want a snack?" Asher asked me going to the closest fridge. He looked over at me and I nodded. He bent down to get a snack out of the fridge and I couldn't help but stare. Damn! He had a nice ass. I didn't bother to tell him that, he should already know.

"So. What do you think we should do for the project?" He asked giving me a bag of Carrots. Wow he's healthy too. He sat on a stool at the island I went and sat across from him. Behind us I noticed was a living rom with a giant flat screen Tv with an X-Box hooked up to it. I couldn't see much of anything else, because most of the doors were closed. I had forgotten that he had said something. I decided to have some fun.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked. What I've learned over the years is that say as little as possible, while letting them know everything. He looked at me and waited a minute, before nodding. ":I didn't really want to come here to study. I came here so I could be alone with you." I said. I smiled when his face went pink.

"Really?" He sounded so surprised. I was surprised at how easy he was. I know I've said it before, but it's true. I nodded. His face got brighter.

"Lani told me so much about you, that when I found out I was moving here I got so excited that I was going to finally meet you." I said smiling. His mouth was parted slightly I could see his tounge. I took that as a good sign.

"Asher? Are you ok?" He shook his head, closed his mouth and nodded. Something was wrong. I didn't care if It didn't get in the way of my plans. And yes. I had plans

Asher's POV

Oh my god, I'm freaking out! I can't believe he said that! I didn't know if he liked me, but now I do. Then I thought about what Lani told me. He humiliated a girl in front of everyone. I couldn't let him get to me. I snapped out of it and walked over to the living room.

I sat down, and he sat down next to me, a little close, for me not to turn pink. I turned the Tv on and asked what he wanted to watch. He said X-Men. My Favorite movie. I turned it on and made popcorn. We had our own popcorn maker with bowls that you get at the movies. It was awesome.

The rest if the night we watched X-Men, along with a few Tv shows. I couldn't believe that I had stayed quiet for thet long. It was weird. I guess I was determined to not get hurt.

Carmen and Mom are always home late. Carmen stays out with her boyfriends. Yes, Boyfriends. And Mom works late ever since the accident. I don't expect to see Carmen. Mostly because she sneaks in through her bedroom window so she doesn't have to conversate with me. Some love right? I'm fine with it though. I don't have to see her in her torn clothes, coming from her boyfriends house.

We were watching X-Men again, when I saw in the corner of my eye Jayden staring at me. I looked over at him and he smiled. So confusing. What just happened? I shrugged it off and put my attention back to the Tv.

A while into the movie, Jayden started moving around on the couch like he was trying to get comfortable. Everytime he shifted, a part of him rubbed up against me. My breath caught. I tried to calm down, but he just wouldn't stop moving. I couldn't take it anymore.

Finally Jayden left. He asked if he could pick us up tomorrow for school, and I agreed. Lani wouldn't like that. But for right now, I didn't care. He liked me. I liked him. But I couldn't do a Damn thing about it!