Chapter 13

Asher's POV

I woke up early the next morning, got dressed, and made Jayden an 'I Love you' breakfast. Omelet with bacon, egg (of course) cheese and tomato, and toast with grape jelly, and a glass of orange juice. I made myself cereal with milk. I was about to go wake him up, but then I heard thumping on the stairs, and saw Jayden speeding into the kitchen, wearing nothing but boxers, with a huge grin on his face.

He ran around the island and gave me a long passionate kiss. I smiled, pushing the Omelet, toast, and orange juice towards him.

"You made me breakfast?" He asked, against my mouth. I nodded and pushed him to a stool. And brought my breakfast over and sat next to him. I started eating my cereal when I saw out of the corner of my eye, Jayden staring at me. I stopped eating and looked at him.

"What?" I asked. He grinned and hugged me. I just sat there confused, as to what was happening. "Jay? Are you OK? Do you have a fever?"

"I love you Asher. So much. Ill do everything I can to protect you. No matter what I won't let anyone lay a finger on you, without me breaking it immediately afterwards." He said, breaking away, and kissing the back of my hand. I didn't know what he would need to protect me from. Or who for that matter.

"Jayden. What's wrong?" I asked once again, holding onto his hand firmly. He stared at me for a moment before answering.

"I didn't move here just because I got in so much trouble in Honolulu," He paused, standing and turning away. "I got into some trouble with some bad people about somethings and they had ransacked my house looking for me, injuring my parents, brother and sister in the process. I left because if I hadn't they would have killed my family and me to get back an unpaid debt." He walked into the living room. I followed him right behind him.

He sat down on his lap placing my arms around his neck. He face turned pink. I poked his cheek, and asked him to continue.

"It was my decision to move here, to keep them away from harm. My family bought a new house, but didn't tell me where, by request of me. The dru- bad people went back to the house, to find it empty, and i'm here living with my cruel and horrible grandmother and grandfather in their tiny apartment made for 2." He said, his eyes getting watery. A single tear fell down his face, and I reached up to wipe it away.

"If you don't mind me asking," I said crossing my ankles. "Can you tell me who the bad people were, what the 'somethings' are, and what the unpaid debt is?" I asked cautiously.

"You'll hate me. Or you'll be disgusted by me, and never want to see me again. Or you could slap me and scream at me to leave. Or you could just stare at me shocked and stand not saying a word. I've gotten them all before." He said flipping his hair to the side. I smiled.

"Nothing could make me hate you! I can never be disgusted by you, unless you eat with your mouth open," He chuckled. "I'll never slap you unless you hurt me, and I know that you won't. I can't promise that I won't be shocked and stand not saying a word, but if I do, I won't let you leave until I talk to you." I said placing my hand on his chest. "I love you too much to let you just go like that."

He smiled and kissed me. I could feel one of his hands on my back, and one around my thighs holding me to him. I smiled, and pulled back to wait for him to answer.

"One day I was walking down to the beach and I saw some teens sniffing marijuana. I walked over to them to see what they were doing and they told me that they were gonna be cool guys for a while. And they asked me if I wanted to join them. At the time I liked girls and guys and was wearing glasses, plaid shirts, and cargo pants. I was the ugliest kid in Honolulu. No girls ever talked to me, and no boys bothered to even look my way." He stopped and sighed, taking my hand in his.