Chapter Eleven

Within the next month Matthew practically lived at my house. I think it had more to do with not wanting me to sleep alone than anything else. I tried sleeping by myself again one of the nights he was back home, but the dreams came back. I ended up going to sleep in Ray's room anytime Matthew went home.

My mother was interesting, some days she was great, others she just slept on the couch all day. I mean the fact she had good days was an improvement, so I appreciated those days and tried to talk to her about how she was feeling and her childhood. She never wanted to talk about her childhood because she hated talking about her brother. So, I took some time to try and think of what I could ask her about. It wasn't easy because I felt like I barely know her.

School had been no different, I still got terrible looks from many of the girls that were into Matthew. Most of them turned their attention to Ray who just wasn't in the mood to deal with another Maggie. Most of the girls at school wouldn't accept me and Matthew being around all the time and they also had a very bad attitude towards me. So, Ray wouldn't pay attention to them.

I had heard rumors about a student. Word had it he was very attractive, so I was curious to see him. Not that I really cared, but when people talk about someone enough, you get curious. Kind of how people did with Ray and I.

I was in first period, which meant I was pretty blah. It was Economics, which was not a good first period class. When the bell rang, I was packing up my papers when I noticed there was someone standing over me. I looked up to see a tall, thin boy with short black hair and skin that I could pinpoint as the color of cinnamon.

"I'm Victor Gomez." He stuck his hand out to me. His voice was deep and kind, but the kindness almost felt like it was fake, more forced.

I stared at it, confused. I realized he wanted me to shake his hand, so I did. "Hi, Victor." I figured he must be the new guy because I have never seen him before and he was pretty handsome. "New student?"

"Yes I am. I just thought I'd introduce myself. I don't think I have met you yet."

"Oh, thanks. No, I haven't seen you before. Nice to meet you." I looked over and saw Ray walking towards me.

"You okay?" Ray asked me.

"Yeah, I am fine. Victor was just introducing himself. He is new."

"You two must be the twins I've heard so much about." Victor said.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes that is us." I looped my arm in Ray's, "Let's go, Matthew is probably waiting." I looked over at Victor, "Nice meeting you."

Ray and I walked out of the class and down the hall. "Please don't tell me you are into that guy."

"What! No, he just kind of appeared in front of me and told me his name was Victor."

"Okay good, I don't like him. If he knows who we are, he knows you have a boyfriend. He doesn't need to know you."

I sighed, "I know Ray, I don't think he was hitting on me. Besides I wouldn't let him."

"So, I heard a rumor today." Matthew said while we sat in the kitchen like we did every day. He was licking ice cream off his spoon.

"No, WE heard a rumor." Ray corrected.

I stood against the counter looking between the both of them as they did the exact same thing after polishing off the bowl of ice cream I just gave them.

"Sometimes I am not sure if you are dating me or my brother."

"That's okay, I know which one of you I am dating, so don't stress it."