Chapter Nineteen

"I have to tell you something." I said to Matthew after he got out of the shower. I was sitting on the bed just trying to really absorb what I was about to say.

Matthew froze and I patted the bed. "What's up?" he said when he sat down.

"So, this is really weird for me to say. Like, I am not even sure how to say it, so I am just going to tell you what I saw."

Matthew started to get tense, I think he thought I had another memory or something. "So... what was it?"

"Well, Victor is here, in Ray's room. Before I walked in on them kissing."

He laughed.

"I'm dead serious. I spoke to Ray about it. I guess they have been feeling something for each other for a little while now."

He stopped laughing when he saw I wasn't joking. "You're serious? Ray and Victor?"

"Yup."

He thought for a few minutes and started nodding his head. "Okay, I can see that. I mean I have noticed some looks between them, but I didn't think anything of it."

"Really? I didn't notice anything. Not a look or a vibe or anything."

"I mean the idea is still weird, but I can just understand it now that I really think about it."

"So, what do I do?"

"What do you mean? There isn't anything for you to do." I nodded, "This is your brother's decision. Only thing you need to do is support him. I'm sure you finding out the way you did is not easy for him. There wasn't time for him to prepare to tell you or even decide if he would. So just let him handle it how he wants to handle it."

"Okay, you're right. I can do that."

"I mean, if they were to become.... an item, I think it would work better for you guys. There is no girl fighting for his attention and pulling you guys away. Like I know today was hard for you without Ray. I saw you itching to come home just to see him. There aren't many people that will understand that. Then there is your childhood and upbringing, Victor knows. He understands."

I smiled, "I feel like you are really excited about this."

He laughed, "I wouldn't say excited, but I guess I kind of thought something, and now I can see the benefits for you. I can't lie, I do sometimes wonder if Ray will really find someone that is just going to be okay with you and I being there all the time? Will there be someone else that convinces him to not have you around and leave you feeling like you did before? I don't think about these things all the time, but I wonder about it."

"And you think Ray being gay is the perfect solution?" I laughed.

"I mean I wouldn't say that, but if it has already happened, then I think it will work out. Considering they are actually into each other and they don't change their minds."

"Okay," I stared at the wall, "Ray and Victor is a good thing. I just wish I didn't see it. I have managed to avoid seeing my brother kiss anyone my whole life."

"To be fair, you did go into his room."

"He didn't lock the door! Why wouldn't he lock the door?"

There was a knock at my door. "This is what you do before entering a room." Ray announced.

"I have never done that in seventeen years! I am not starting now!"

Ray opened my room door and behind him Victor shyly followed.

"So, you guys were talking about us."