09. A Pirate's Life Ain't for Me

⊰ N I N E ⊱

⊰ N I N E ⊱

A PIRATE'S LIFE AIN'T FOR ME

Jimin and I made our way back to the tavern, but we decided to wait outside until it was time for us to leave. We sat on the steps in front of the building and sat quietly for a while, listening to the echo of the music. Eventually, Jimin spoke.

"So what did you do while I was stuck trying on clothes?" he asked.

"Well, Taehyung and I, we uh... borrowed some things," I said.

Jimin glanced at me and chuckled, leaning his elbows on his knees. "You mean you stole a bunch of stuff. What did you take?"

I took my bag off of my shoulder and opened it, showing him the different pieces of jewelry that I stole. Then I pulled out the dagger from my boot and showed it off, smiling to myself as the blade glinted under the light of the lanterns. Jimin opened his hand and I hesitantly gave him the small blade. He flipped it around a couple of times while he admired it.

"You have good taste," he mumbled.

"You should see the sword Taehyung took, it's beautiful," I commented.

He handed the dagger back to me and I returned it to my boot, feeling his eyes on me the entire time. When I met his gaze, he still didn't move. I awkwardly looked away as my cheeks warmed. I hated the nerves he seemed to bring out of me.

"Why do you always stare at me like that?" I asked.

He tilted his head slightly, reminding me of the first night I'd met him."I guess I just find you interesting." I opened my mouth to respond but he cut me off, "You know, I have a hard time picturing you stealing things. Are you sure it wasn't Taehyung who did all the dirty work while you kept watch?" His eyes glinted like he knew his words would spark a reaction out of me.

"Of course I'm sure. It's practically second nature to me now," I said, getting slightly defensive.

He grinned. "Prove it."

"I will." I accepted his challenge without hesitation. Standing up, I began walking up the steps to the entrance of the tavern.

"Not there," Jimin's voice stopped me, "It wouldn't be very impressive to rob a bunch of drunk idiots. Let's find someone sober."

His challenge only made me roll my eyes. "Alright fine, follow me."

At my words, he stood up and let me go in front of him. I led him down the same street Taehyung and I had visited earlier, but the whole area looked empty. We continued walking, and eventually, we came to the end of the street where an alleyway began. At the end of the alley was a small staircase, and once we reached the top of it, we were met with another alleyway, this one narrower. Near the far end of it stood three adults—one male and two females—who were talking in a circle.