18. Fish

⊰ E I G H T E E N ⊱

⊰ E I G H T E E N ⊱

FISH

Closing the door behind me, I turned to face Taehyung and the rest of the pirates. Six pairs of eyes took in my appearance approvingly. They'd all seen me in the dress before, but they never could get used to the sight of me in such feminine clothing. I think they enjoyed it a little too much.

"What took you so long?" Jungkook asked. They all awaited my answer, knowing how unusual it was for me to take so long to get dressed.

"Ah, the corset was pretty difficult to tighten on my own, but I finally got it." My cheeks burned as I avoided mentioning Jimin, but I kept my face neutral.

"You could have asked Taehyung to help you like he normally does," Hoseok commented.

"Or I could have helped," Yoongi spoke up, sending me a wink that none of the others saw.

I sent him a glare. "It's fine, really. You were all getting dressed too."

"By the way, where's Jimin?" Taehyung asked, looking around with a slight frown.

"How should I know? Wasn't he with you guys in the bathroom?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"He stayed outside because we didn't have an extra outfit for him. But where would he have gone to?" Namjoon asked what the rest of them were wondering.

I shrugged. "I'm sure he remembers how to get to the restaurant. Let's just go and he'll meet us there." I quickly started making my way out of the inn, hoping to stop them from worrying about Jimin any further.

As we stepped outside, the chilly wind blew my hair across my face, and I brushed it out of my eyes, glancing up at the dark clouds in the distance.

"Think there will be a storm tonight?" Hoseok came up by my side, matching my pace. The others trailed behind us.

"It definitely looks like it. I just hope we can make it out of here before it hits," I said, knowing that trying to get the ship undocked in a big storm would be stressful.

"Yeah, I hope so too," he said.

Glancing over at him, I felt a small smile on my lips. I was relieved to be able to speak to him again, even if it was just small talk. It was nice to not feel so tense around him anymore, though a part of me still ached for what he told me about his sister.

"So what are your thoughts on Jin's greatest wish being to eat at a famous restaurant?" I asked, holding back a laugh.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Honestly, I'm not surprised. The way to that man's heart is through food." He smiled, then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "But I'm actually pretty excited to eat there myself." We both laughed as he stood up straight again, keeping his arm around me.