The Siren's Curse

THE CURSE OF THE SIREN━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sirens are creatures bound to roam the depths of the ocean, unable to feel passion or love towards anyone or anything. They are unable to mate, unable to form meaningful connections with others like them. This is the punishment they must serve for the sins of their past life.

The ocean draws guilty souls to it, luring those who are trying to escape their sins and their heavy conscience. Those who are led into the darkness of the sea must be kissed by a siren for the curse to be put into effect.

The siren that kisses a guilty soul is able to pass their curse along, allowing them to become human again while the one they kissed takes on the curse and becomes a siren.

Sirens are cunning, deceptive, and predatory. They only have one main goal in mind, and that is to escape their fate and return to their human lives.

Jimin, however, has to do things a little differently. When he is captured by the pirate captain Min Yoongi and his crew, he has to figure out a way to break the curse without the underwater kiss. When he sets his sight on Katherine, he knows he has a chance of escaping the curse.

But as he slowly becomes more human, his ability to love also returns.

• • •

• • •

S O U N D T R A C K

Wicked Game by Ursine Vulpine, Annaca

Mermaids by Hans Zimmer

War of Hearts by Ruelle

Submersive by Colossal Trailer Music

Breath of Life by Florence + the Machine

Sirens by Fleurie

Fickle Game by Amber Run

Lie by BTS

Scars by Boy Epic

Black Sea by Natasha Blume

Tessa by Steve Jablonsky

(Full playlist is on my Spotify—link in bio)

• • •

D I S C L A I M E R

This story does not reflect any real thoughts, opinions, or behaviors of the BTS members. This is an alternate universe, and though they have the same names as BTS, the characters and storyline are from my own imagination.

• • •

W A R N I N G S

This story may contain mild usage
of the following:

profanity, violence, alcohol consumption, illegal activities, mentions of death, suicidal behavior, angst

All chapters with possible triggers will have a warning at the top.

• • •

C O P Y R I G H T

© Hoseokiiss

All Rights Reserved.

DO NOT TRANSLATE THIS WORK. I do not accept translations. I've already had to deal with two different people translating my story without my consent, which is plagiarism and is a crime. If I find that you've stolen my work in any way, you will be reported and a copyright infringement claim will be filed against you.

• • •

Thank you for giving this story a chance. I hope you'll enjoy it! If you want to listen to the music playlist for my story, check out the spotify link in my bio!

EDIT: This story was not inspired or based off of Siren's Lament. I know many people are finding a similarity with it here in the introduction so I just wanted to clarify that it is only coincidental. The story does have intentional Pirates of the Caribbean references in it as it was my main inspiration for this book!

Finally, just a note: many of the wonderful and cherished comments from previous readers are no longer in-line with the paragraphs of the chapters. They are not deleted, just free-floating in the chapters because I've been editing and when a paragraph changes, those comments are detached from it.

Happy reading ❤️