16. The Siren's Kiss

⊰ S I X T E E N ⊱

⊰ S I X T E E N ⊱

THE SIREN'S KISS

Staring at my own reflection, I knew something was different. It was the smallest change, but something in my eyes had shifted to a stronger intensity. My fingers found their way to my collarbone, brushing over the skin that had been marred just yesterday.

Images of what had happened last night flashed across my mind. Jimin biting me, Yoongi punching him, Jimin pinning him down to the ground, Yoongi getting up and storming off. And Jimin telling me that somehow what he did was for my own good.

Is he telling the truth? Is the strength I feel now from his bite in some way? Does it even matter if he is telling the truth or not?

As much as I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I was still angry at Jimin. Even if he did have a reason other than just getting between Yoongi and me, I still would be furious. He was treating me like a pawn, doing whatever he wanted to me in order to achieve his own goals. Though I'd agreed to giving him my blood in the beginning, I had to draw the line somewhere.

I quickly dug through my dresser, collecting a white blouse and black leather pants. I easily slipped them on, then let my hair fall down in its natural waves. Determination radiated from me as I marched out of my bedroom and onto the main deck. My feet moved on their own, easily leading me up the stairs to the quarterdeck where Jimin was sleeping on his hammock.

He laid on his back, one arm draped across his forehead while the other rested on his stomach. His mouth was slightly parted and his chest rose and fell with each breath he took. The peaceful, innocent appearance he had now made it hard to believe he'd nearly drained me of blood the night before.

Too bad I have to ruin his tranquility.

"Rise and shine, asshole!" I yelled while simultaneously grabbing the side of the hammock. Mercilessly, I yanked the net up towards me and sent Jimin rolling right off. He hit the ground and a groan escaped his lips. Then his head snapped up to send me a deadly glare.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" he shouted as he scrambled to his feet.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Frowning at my reaction, he angrily closed the distance between us. I held my ground stubbornly, unfazed by the way he now stood inches from me, looking down at me intimidatingly.

I angled my chin up to meet his mahogany eyes. "You're going to give me answers. Now."

He quirked a brow at my tone, but his expression soon masked over with amusement.

"Someone's feeling tough all of a sudden," he mumbled, still too close to my face.

"Yeah, and I think you know why," I stated, holding his gaze.

Clenching his jaw, he started taking a step back. "I don't know what you mean—"

"You are not getting out of this one," I growled through my teeth, latching onto the material of his shirt and pulling him back to me. He stumbled forward, his shocked face close to mine again. "Quit. Playing. Games."