38. Numb

⊰THIRTY EIGHT ⊱

⊰THIRTY EIGHT ⊱

NUMB

"Jimin!" I shouted frantically, stumbling under the weight of him. Anxiety and fear pulsed through me as I struggled to hold him up by his shoulders, moving both of us back towards the bed. Slowly, I set him down on the mattress and took in his pale appearance with a sick feeling constricting my throat.

"Please, please be okay," I whispered desperately, brushing his hair out of his face. Getting stabbed, finding out that my father was dead, being blindsided by Yoongi - all of that was already too much. I wouldn't know how to function if something bad happened to Jimin.

I shook him, trying to see if he would wake up, but his head just rolled to the side and his mouth fell open in complete unconsciousness. His breaths came out weak and shallow, sending my own breathing into rapid and shaky pants.

As much as I didn't want to leave him, I knew I needed help, so I sped out of the room and shouted to the first person I saw, which happened to be Jin.

"Jin, I need your help! Jimin passed out and I don't know what to do. He looks really sick," I said fearfully. He took in my worried face and frowned.

"Take a deep breath, Kat. I'll help you. Where is he?"

I immediately led Jin to my room where Jimin was still in the same position, only now he was glistening with sweat and his chest was rising and falling with more labored breaths. His head suddenly turned to the side, his brows pulling together.

"I don't know what happened. We were just talking and then out of nowhere his eyes rolled back and he passed out," I said with a strained voice, moving over to his side. My hand reached out to touch his face, but I stopped short when I noticed I was shaking from nerves. I turned back to Jin, "What do we do?"

He stepped up beside me and felt Jimin's forehead, quickly retracting his hand afterwards. "He definitely has a fever. We need to cool him down. I'll go fill a bucket with some water and bring a couple rags, too."

"But he'll turn back into a siren if we get him wet," I argued. Jin shook his head.

"It's only sea water that's a problem for him. I'll just bring some of our drinking water and he should be fine." he stated.

"When did he tell you that?"

"I asked him about it at some point when we were waiting for you to wake up after getting hurt. I realized he hadn't turned even though we had fought in the rain," he told me quickly. Somehow the thought had never crossed my mind, but it made sense that only the ocean could make Jimin's tail appear again.

"What do you want me to do? Can I help you get anything?" I asked. Jin shook his head.

"No, just stay here and keep an eye on him. I'll be back soon." And with that he left, closing the door behind him.