19. Heat

⊰ N I N E T E E N ⊱

⊰ N I N E T E E N ⊱

HEAT

"I'll stay with Kat," multiple voices said at once.

My head snapped to each of the four men that spoke, but none of them looked at me. Rather, they were all staring at each other.

"Well, only three of you can stay with her..." Namjoon said, his voice barely making a dent in the tense atmosphere.

"I'm her closest friend, so I should definitely stay with her," Taehyung announced with a slight pout on his lips. He looked at me almost pleadingly, and I knew instantly that Tae was who I wanted to stay with.

"That's fair. But what about the rest of you? Why do you want to stay with Kat, Jimin?" Namjoon turned to the silver-haired siren.

"No offense to the rest of you, but I'm only really comfortable with Kat, so I'd prefer to stay in the same room as her," Jimin explained, his dark eyes meeting mine briefly.

"If fish boy insists on staying in the same room as her, then I will too. I want to make sure he isn't up to something." The icy glare Yoongi sent Jimin put me on edge. Being in the same room as those two would be interesting, to say the least.

"And Jungkook, why did you say you want to stay with Kat?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook's eyes widened and he shrugged. "I just like Kat." I couldn't help but smile at his sweet words. He returned the grin, but then his gaze traveled back to the siren and the captain that were still having a stare down. "But on second thought, I think I'll just stay in the other room."

Traitor.

"That settles it then. Tae, Jimin, and Yoongi can stay with Kat. The rest of us will be in the other room," Namjoon announced. Yoongi looked towards him and rose an eyebrow.

"Who made you the boss? Last time I checked, I'm the captain here."

"Sorry cap, I just wanted to get things figured out." Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck until Yoongi moved over to him and patted his shoulder.

"It's alright, I was just giving you a hard time." He turned to face the rest of us, "We have a little while until night falls. What do you want to do until then?"

"I don't think we have many options."

Everyone looked towards Hoseok, who stood by a window at the corner of the room. All of us got up when he gestured for us to come over. As we approached the window, we could see the rain spattering against the glass. The sound of droplets hitting the building progressively got louder as the drizzle transitioned to a heavy downpour.