➰ Aurora Carstairs

Two year old Aurora was running through the Cornwall institute as she was chasing after her father in a fun game of cat and mouse. Booming laughter and soft giggles filled the building as the father daughter duo was having the time of there lives. "Rory" a gentle voice rang out of the room she was running past causing her to halt. "Yes, Mama" she said in a breathless voice as she gazed up at her mother with wide eyes. "I would like you to meet Brother Zachariah." She said with a gentle smile and a nod of her head towards a tall figure dressed in a long cloak. "Bwufer zacria." Aurora tried to repeat causing the older pair to to chuckle, "Nearly" the man replied in her head causing her to let out a small gasp and gaze up at him with curiosity filling her blue eyes. "It's nice to meet you, Rory." Brother Zachariah said, the small girl gave a shy smile "It's nice to meet you too." She replied.

Three year old Aurora was being held by Brother Zachariah, trying to understand why she has to go live with him in Alicante. "What about mama and papa?" She said with her head tilted to the side. "You're mama and papa are on a very long mission, sweetie." He replied knowing that the girl he was holding was too young to understand that her parents had both passed away on the mission they were sent on. "Okay" She said with a big smile "We're gonna have a sleep over? Aren't we." With a silent chuckle "Yes, it's gonna be a sleep over." He replied in her head whilst heading towards the portal his youngest relative in his arms.

Ten year old Rory was stood in her bathroom brushing her teeth, after finishing getting dressed ready to head towards the Shadowhunter Academy she would be attending. It had been 7 years since she moved in with Brother Zachariah or Papa as she calls him now, after the death of her parents that she was told about two years ago. "Roses" papa called out in her head from outside of the door, Brother Zachariah had started calling her Roses about two years after living together after he found out about her love for the flower. "Yes papa?" she called back with a mouth full of toothpaste "are you ready?, The academy starts in 30 minutes." He spoke back. Jogging towards the door after putting her boots on, she swing open the door coming face to face with her father. With the big smile she always had she gave him a nod and they headed off.

A year later Aurora met Julian Fairchild, A boy in the year above her who struggled slightly in swordsmanship, a subject which Aurora excelled in. The pair quickly became friends after she agreed to train with him and bonded over their shared love for books. Julian also helped Aurora become more talkative with their fellow academy students. Two years later the pair became parabatai