➰ I'm getting married

Aurora P.O.V

It's been a year since James proposed and I think it's safe to say I now know why De was freaking out so much. "I'm getting married" I said breathlessly as Tessa fixed my hair, Lucie done my makeup and Cordelia sorted out my dress. "Have you just realised that" Tessa said in a teasing voice. "Well no, but I never thought I would get married" I told her, "you didn't? Why?" Lucie asked "I don't know I was just never interested in anyone" I said with a shrug "but James was different, he made me curious from when I first saw him" I carried on which caused the other three girls to smile.

A knock on the door caught all our attention, "who is it?" Lucie called, "it's the father, parabatai and niece" Julian yelled back in a joking manner "come in" I called out. Opening the Julian walked in carrying Delilah, his and Cordelias daughter and then Papa, "you ready, Roses" his voice rang out in our heads, with a smile I nodded "alright, I will see you there" he said as he left followed by the girls. "You ready to go, Rory" Julian asked, papa and I agreed that Julian will give me away while he does the service as he couldn't do both, "yeah let's go" I said after taking a deep breath and heading towards the room the wedding is being held.

"Please, all rise. The ceremony is about to commence" I heard my fathers voice as the door opened and the music started. "Don't let me fall" I said to Julian, to which he said "never", walking in I saw James at the end of the aisle with a large smile with Matthew behind him. Taking his hand we smiled at each other "you look beautiful" he said to me. "James Herondale, please take the wedding necklace a place it on Aurora Carstairs" my fathers voice rang out as James did as he was told. "Aurora Carstairs, Please take the wedding bracelet and place it on James Herondale" he then told me, which I happily complied, "it's now time for James Herondale and Aurora Carstairs to rune each other with the wedded union rune, a rune on the arm, and a rune on the heart" fathers voice carries on. James took the stele from Matthew and placed the a rune on my left arm and heart, I then repeated the process on James. "The ceremony has been commenced, standing before you is the next generation of Herondale, James and Aurora Herondale, now united in marriage as one" the voice of my father finally said. With a smile James brought me into a kiss as everyone clapped and cheered.

Later that night once the wedding celebration had finished James carried me over the threshold of our bedroom before placing me down and pulling me into another kiss. Pushing her onto the bed gently James broke the kiss "I love you" he said "I love you too" I told him with a smile. "My life was miserable before and then you came along, you loved me and made my life better. And for that I will love you forever." He said before kissing me again as we consummated our marriage.