➰ Curious

Aurora P.O.V

Darkness is all I could see, that and muffled voices. "So this is her?" An unknown male voice said "Yes this is Aurora Carstairs, my parabatai." Replied a voice I recognised as Lians. "I wonder when she will wake up? It's been two days" a females voice entered the conversation that I also didn't recognise, "well she was in bad shape when we found her that we had to immediately rune her, Lucie" the male replied to the girl I assume is Lucie.

With a small groan I tried to move only to be met with stiffness, "look she's waking up now" Lian told no one in particular. "I will go get my parents. They are gonna want to talk to her just as they did with you" 'Lucie' replied before I heard her footsteps walk away. With another groan my eyes flew open only to be blinded by sunlight, "Hm" I grunted turning away to hear two chuckles and someone closing what sounded like wooden shutters. "There closed now, Rory" Lian informed me whilst stroking my hair, opening my eyes again I saw Julians smiling face "Hey there! Have a good sleep" he jokingly said, to which I just replied with a small smile and a grunt.

Hearing footsteps, we both turned towards the door to be met with three people. The eldest one was about quite tall, in his late 30s early 40s with black hair and blue eyes, the other two were a lot younger about the same age as Julian and I, one was a girl who I assume is Lucie with brown hair and blue eyes slightly lighter than the older mans, whilst the other was another male who has blonde hair and dark green eyes. "Oh good you're awake, how are you feeling? You was in bad shape when they brought you in" the older male asked kindly whilst walking and taking a seat next to my bed, "I'm alright thank you...uh" I replied not knowing the name of this man yet "ah yes, forgive me I'm Will Herondale, The head of this institute." Will told me with a smile "and those to are Lucie Herondale, my daughter and Matthew Fairchild a ward of the institute." He informed me whilst pointing to the respective people who in return gave me a small smile and a wave, which I gave one of my own back. "Are you alright to move, I assume you are hungry and I have some questions I would like to ask, as we had been looking for you for two days before we found you." Mr Herondale asked while turning back towards me. Shocked that they had been looking for two days all I could do was nod towards him with wide eyes which he smiled in amusement at.

"Good, Lucie has some clothes for you to wear so we will leave you two to get ready." Mr Herondale told me whist getting up and beckoning to two other males to follow him. Once they had left Lucie made her way over to me with a gentle smile, "I'm Lucie" she repeated, with a smile of my own "I'm Aurora, but you can call me Rory everyone else does." I said. Before we proceeded to get me freshened up and dressed. Once I was ready we left the room to be met with Julian and Matthew in the hallway, "hello let me formally introduce myself, I'm Matthew" he said with a large smile that made me less nervous about meeting new people.

Taking my hand, Lucie led us towards the dining room where she informed Julian and I that everyone had gathered to get some idea of what's happened to us. Upon entering the room everyone's head turned towards our direction that made me hide slightly behind Julian. "Come, take a seat. It won't be too long as I'm sure you would like to freshen up properly." Mr Herondale said as we all took a seat. Looking around I saw three more people who I had not yet to met, one was a women seated net to Mr Herondale who had long brown hair and grey eyes, seated next to her was a boy about my age with black hair and bright gold eyes, whilst opposite her was a female with red hair a shade darker than Lians and black eyes.

Mr Herondale asked me questions such as when I got here, how I got here and why I was in such bad shape, before he let me eat and have Lucie and Matthew show us where we will be staying for the time being. It didn't take long but one this was bothering me, and that was why I am so curious about the boy with gold eyes.

James P.O.V

The moment she entered the room I was intrigued, not wanting to say anything as she will probably leave soon. I was bothered by the fact that I was curious about the short girl with blonde hair.