➰ The Council

Aurora P.O.V

It was the day of the council meeting, I was stood outside the room with Will. "They will ask you a few questions like Magnus did and then they will search your mind" he informed me before they called us in "is it going to hurt?" I asked him nervously, "physically it won't but whatever mental pain their was with that memory you will feel" he told me with concern in his eyes. "Great" I muttered causing him to smile, as he opened his mouth to say something they called us in. Walking in after him, I was greeted by the consul who Will told me is called Charlotte Branwell before we entered. "Please miss Carstairs take a seat" She said pointing towards the chair in the middle of the room, "we are gonna begin with a few questions and we have already been informed of you circumstances, then proceed with the mind check" she went on to tell me "yes ma'am" I said causing her to smile softly, along with everyone else "let's begin, your full name is Aurora Theresa Carstairs, correct?" "Yes ma'am", "and you were born on May 17th, 1974, to unnamed parents" "yes". "Why unnamed parent? Miss Carstairs" she said looking up "I don't remember my parent ma'am. They died when I was three" I told her, "I assume we will find out who raised you when we go through your memories right?" She said "I believe you will" I replied, glad she didn't ask more about my deceased parents. "Alright last question, the year was 1991 when you got sent to here, yes?" "That is correct, ma'am", "alright then that is all, we will proceed with you mind search. I must inform you though that it has been voted that everyone in this room sees your thoughts" she informed me to which I just nervously nodded at. "Ok begin" She told the silent brother, he placed his hands on the sides of my head and I felt a tingling sensation before my memories was pulled through to be shown.

No ones P.O.V
It started with a young Aurora Carstairs running away after a man everyone presumed is her father before being called by her mother into the office she was running past, seated at the desk was a beautiful woman with brown hair and brown eyes but what shocked everyone was the silent brother in the room who they all recognised and Brother Zachariah. The memory changed to a slightly older Aurora who was being held by Brother Zachariah with people talking about the death of her parents surrounding them, "like a sleep over?" Her little voice filled their heads "yes, like a sleep over" Brother Zachariah replied to her. Changing again it was now a five year old Aurora running towards a cloaked figure "PAPA, PAPA" she yelled, causing him to turn around "look papa, a pwetty fower" She said showing him the rose she held "ah yes it is a pretty flower" Brother Zachariah said scooping the girl up into his arms "what's it called papa?" She asked "it's called a rose" he told her "rose" she muttered to herself. More memories showed with not much happening until it was the day they was sent back. The memory started with Aurora kissing her father on the cheek goodbye and meeting Julian as they headed off, not much happened until they were startled awake to the demon awaking. Everyone watched as he fought in sync with each other making no mistake until someone called their names, the last thing everyone saw form that memory was Aurora seeing her fathers face, then falling through the window.

With a gasp the search was over, "is that all?" The silent brother asked "yes that is all" mrs Branwell said looking at me with a pity filled expression. "I announce Aurora Theresa Carstairs as a non threat, now under the custody of William Herondale she is an official ward of the London Institute, dismissed" She announced. With a deep breath I got up to leave and find Julian. "Are you alright, Rory?" Will asked with a small smile I replied "yeah, I'm alright I just want to find Julian" with a nod of his head he let me go.