Chapter twenty

True to his word , when Emily walked out of the bathroom , she spotted a folded T-shirt and shorts on the bed. She didn't need Lorenzo's help with her clothes as she found a dryer which was in the guest bathroom.  Looking at her clothes spinning in the dryer it made her realized  that she didn't have any panties or bra on!
" How do I go out like that!?", she said putting on the  T-shirt and noticed that her breasts were so visible underneath the soft fabric of the T-shirt. She removed it and put on the bathrobe. The terry cloth bathrobe was long ,  thick and plush hiding her nudity more than the clothes he lent her.
She walked out of the bedroom slowly and the first to meet her was Charlie.
She walked towards the  sound of what she thought
must be the television and found herself in a big sitting room. Lorenzo was sitting on the sofa watching tv and when he noticed her presence he smiled and asked her to come seat next to him.

Emily hesitated at first , but then she walked towards him but sat on the other sofa which was opposite his. Charlie took a  place next to her resting his face on her lap , which she had made sure were well  covered.

" He really likes you", she heard him said.

Emily smiled as she slowly patted Charlie's fur.

" You want something to drink or eat?", he asked .

" I'm fine don't worry.. just a bit tired and I want to go home", she replied . Emily noticed a look of disappointment crossed his face but it went away as he looked at her and smiled.

They sat in silence and the only sound was the newsreader on the television reading the evening news. Emily yawned softly and looked at Lorenzo whose attention was fixed on the television , she looked at Charlie who was fast asleep on her lap and she leaned her head against the sofa and soon she fell asleep.

Lorenzo turned and looked at Emily , he smiled as he looked at her and Charlie sleeping. He switched off the television and walked over to Emily . He gently touched her on her face and she opened her eyes slowly but then closed them again.He moved Charlie and the dog was not pleased that his human moved him away from the lady's lap. Lorenzo bent and picked Emily up and carried her to the guest room. As he put her down in bed he noticed her robe had almost come undone and he could see her cleavage. He cleared his throat and he hurried to put her down on the bed. Emily mumbled something in her sleep as he pulled the cover over her and he looked at her checking if she was awake, he sat next to her and gently touched her hair. As he stared at her , he remembered the thought he had a few days back on the yacht ,was there someone else for me?.. why do I feel this strong attraction towards Emily!?Is she that person to complete my life.. you have to be careful Lorenzo .. it looks like she's a wounded bird so be extra careful, he though as he leaned his head against the bed's headboard as he gently touched her hair and soon he dozed off as well.

The sound of a phone ringing woke her up. She stretched her hand and hit against something which actually said " Ouch!", Emily quickly sat up in bed and looked at the person next to her rubbing his forehead.

" Lorenzo! I'm still at your place! I thought I was dreaming!!", she said almost shouting and then she remembered the kiss , that passionate kiss they shared last night and she quickly buried her face and shook her head slowly.

Oh my! Did anything else happened?! Why are we in the same bed!?, she screamed in her head.

She heard him laugh and she turned to look at him wondering what was so funny!

" You should see the look on your face! ", he said sitting up in bed laughing softly.

" It's not funny Lorenzo! I don't wake up in strangers bed ..uhm every other day !", she snapped and Lorenzo pulled her closer to him and started to tickle her. Emily couldn't helped it as she burst into laughter.

" Lorenzo stop! It's not funny! I'm serious .. I have to go home !", she said in between the giggles.

Lorenzo looked down at her and their gaze locked,
" So I'm a stranger today.. maybe I should remind you what happened with this  stranger last night", with that said his lips were over hers. The kiss was more magical that last night, Emily felt butterflies flying inside her chest and then she remembered that underneath that robe she was completely naked and she put her hands on his chest and gently pushed him back. Lorenzo looked down at her , wondering why she asked him to stop, as he saw her pulling the robe around her tightly he knew why. He gently kissed her on her forehead and got out of bed.
" Breakfast in fifteen  minutes..", he said walking out and Emily smiled as she gently touched her lips and then she remembered she hadn't brushed her teeth!
Oh no! Hope I don't have bad breath.. do I ?! Gosh is this real?!, she thought as she pinched herself and almost shouted.

As Emily got out of Lorenzo's car after a final long  kiss goodbye. She smiled like a lovesick teenager as she walked towards her home. She knew that the twenty missed calls from her siblings meant there are loads of questions to be answered! As she walked in the house her mother who was standing by the window quickly walked away and sat next to her father on the sofa.
" Mum , Dad , why are you up so early!?", she asked a she hanged her keys and removed her heels placing them on the shoe rack.

" Well, seems like Cinderella forgot about the midnight deal or it was too hard to let go of the Prince Charming!",her father said and her mum chuckled.

Emily knew her parents had been spying on her and she blushed.
" I'm sorry , I should have called but I .. well.. I'm going upstairs to change and go to the office", she said and hurry to walk away before the interrogation began.