Chapter twenty-one

After answering thousands of questions from her sisters Emily could finally breathed as she sat down in MaryBeth's office. She had spoken to Fabian and had passed on the wise words from Mr. Sebastian . Fabian had agreed and promised to show her the ring when he chose it. Emily went over everything again, everything were in order for the engagement party next week, the only thing which was not in order were her thoughts. She had broken all her rules and now she couldn't get rid of the nostalgia of last night. A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts and she saw a big bouquet of red roses at the door. The bouquet was so big that she had to hurry to open the door for the person holding it.

" Ma'am , this came for you", Nancy the receptionist said from behind the bouquet and Emily helped her  to put it on the desk.
In a flash her sister's were there , looking at her and smiling wickedly.
" So .. about last night , there was a man involved!", Samantha said and quickly grabbed the card from her hand and Emily tried to get it back but Samantha was already reading it.
" Your smile looks gorgeous on you ", Samantha read what was written on the card and then looked at MaryBeth as she looked at the note in her hand again, turning it back and forth but she couldn't find a name.
Emily smiled as she smelled the beautiful fragrance of the roses.
She picked up her phone and texted him a big smiley face . Her sisters looked at her in anticipation, they were both wondering, who was that girl and what has she done to our sister!?
They thought that  they would never see the day their sister would be romantically involved with someone.

" Tell us who he is?!", Samantha asked almost pleading.

Emily's phone beeped and she looked at it, "May I have the pleasure of seeing  your beautiful smile over dinner tonight?", she read the message and blushed .

" Oh my M! She is blushing!..our little sister is in love?!", she asked and the two sisters cheered.

" In love?! I'm not in love.. the day I will fall in love I swear you both will be the first to know.. I promise", she sincerely said to her sisters.

I'm not in love .. I can't let myself be confused by a kiss or a beautiful bouquet of roses!" Emily thought.
In a way she was grateful for what she had to go through in her past because it had helped strengthen her ,after all people learn from their experiences . She wouldn't fall for those  things so easily and let her heart take control over her life.

I have to see things as it is.. he has a girlfriend and I don't know what to call what we are doing.. an attraction ?!..,there must be a reason why we had to cross each other's path!, Emily thought as she stared at the roses.

" Emily, is everything ready for your big day?", MaryBeth asked bringing her back to reality.

" Yes... hopefully nothing goes wrong and soon I'll be back where I belong", she said smiling.

" Well, you know the deal.. we will see next week", MaryBeth said.

Every girl deserves a guy who will make her heart forget that it was once broken.
Sometimes that one person walks  in your life to teach you that not everyone is the same and sometimes when  you are not looking for it , it knocks on your door .

The past few days Emily had been happier than she had been in years. At first she hesitated to get closer to Lorenzo, he had a girlfriend. It was only after he explained his relationship with Ginnie, that she allowed him to climb over the wall which she had built around herself over all those years.
Ginnie and him they were good friends since high school . Last year Ginnie started working with the company after her dad passed away and they became closer than before , she needed him by her side and he was always there to comfort her.
Lorenzo was actually working in Italy and only moved to London because his dad could no longer take care of his position in the company therefore Fabian took up the role of the President of the company and he had to take up Fabian's position and at the same time oversee the other companies across Europe.

What I feel for Ginnie .. is not love Emily. I knew that the day I held you in my arms on the yacht. She wanted us to give it a try.. to be more than just friends but I know it will not work.. I don't love her.
Emily remembered Lorenzo's words the day they went out to the lake for the second time. They were sitting down under the magnolia tree , Lorenzo was leaning against the tree whilst she sat down in front of him resting her back against his chest , softly caressing his arms which was wrapped around her waist . His words sounded so sincere and when he added that he will eventually speak to Ginnie about his true feelings ,Emily turned to look at him.

" What do you mean .. your true feelings?", Emily asked him.

" That us being more than friends will never work.. I just hope that in a way it doesn't affect our friendship.. I know it will break her heart but I rather do it now than let her believe in something impossible ", he answered, but they both knew that it will be impossible for Ginnie and him to be friends like before after he will break up with her.

" I'm sure about something else .. someone else..", he said caressing her softly on her face before he kissed her , laying her down on the grass covered in purple magnolia petals .

Emily blushed at the thought of that day. She walked around the store looking at the clothes and shoes.
She came with Ginnie and Elena who were choosing their outfit for the big night. Emily had been stressing herself out since they arrived in Italy two days ago, she met up with the team she hired and she got along well with them and she was so glad that they could communicate well in English. She was so happy that she was able to convince Samantha to come with her at least on the day of the engagement party.

" So ... hows things with Lorenzo?", she heard Elena's voice from behind her and she froze. For a moment she thought that she was talking to her but when Ginnie replied she knew Elena had asked her that question.

" Well, last night we spoke. I told him that it wasn't a good idea to break up before your birthday party", Ginnie replied .

" And what did he say? Did he agree ... are you guys back .. you know like before?", Elena asked Ginnie.

" Well... yes! And I'm sure after the conversation we had last night.. it's definite.. we could even announce our engagement soon!", Ginnie excitedly said and Emily nearly collapsed when she heard those words.