Chapter twenty-three

" Emily what is going on between you and Lorenzo Augustine?!", Samantha asked and Emily looked at her . Samantha was her sister , there was no point in lying to her, but right now she didn't want to explain anything to her sister she wanted to leave .
" We didn't come all they way to Italy for nothing and we are the party planner!", Samantha reminded Emily.
" So .. can you stand in for me please Samantha. I promise I will answer all of your questions but tomorrow", Emily pleaded with her sister.
Samantha agreed on one condition ,that she will tell her what was going on between her and Lorenzo.
" And if someone ask me where you are?", Samantha asked and Emily knew she was referring to Lorenzo.
" I'm sick! Or better .. dead ...", she answered as she walked away.
Samantha looked at her walking away and as she turned back she forced herself to smile when she saw Lorenzo coming her way.
" Mr. Lorenzo...", she said , Lorenzo offered her a glass of Champagne.
" I came over to congratulate the party planner and .. guess she had disappeared .. again", Lorenzo said looking around.
" Yes, she said she was not feeling well. She just left a few seconds ago", Samantha said and Lorenzo left her as he walked quickly towards the parking lot only to see Emily getting inside a taxi and the driver drove away.
" Emily ..", he whispered her name.

A few days after the party Emily was back at DR Yen's clinic attending to her favorite patients. Her sisters , though they were sad to let her go but a deal was a deal. Fabian and Elena congratulated " Lily's party planning", for a spectacular night. The money they got from that event helped to clear out all the debts and even to upgrade their office. They hired a new woman to work with them whilst MaryBeth went on maternity leave and any at moment the Parks will welcome the new member of the family.
Emily told her sisters about Lorenzo and they both said that she should have talked to him, ask him about what Ginnie had said, but Emily preferred to leave things as it was and since after the party Lorenzo had not contacted her again.

" Emily , I'm going out for a minute .. may you please attend to my next client", Dr. Yen said walking inside her office.

" Sure Dr. Is ..Charlie already here?", she asked looking at the name in the appointment book .

" He will be here in a few minutes", he said walking out of her office , removing his white coat.
Emily sat down at her desk filling a few forms and prescriptions when she heard a loud bark in front of her door. She raised her head to see a Golden retriever sitting there looking at her with his tongue out and he ran towards her as she stood up.

" Charlie!", she said just as the dog jumped on her.

" What are you doing here boy?", she asked kissing the dog on his head.

She looked up to see him standing there with a bouquet of red roses in his hand.
Emily bit on her bottom lip softly , she didn't know what to do or say.

" Hi DR. Parks , right", he said walking in.

He gave her the bouquet and she thanked him as she took it.

" Take a seat Mr. Augustine", she said showing him a chair.

" I prefer to stand up or better can we go out and have a drink or something?", Lorenzo said.

" Mr. Augustine.. I'm working so I cannot leave with a client just like that...", Emily started to say when he cut her off.

" Please Emily stop. We need to talk.. I promise just for 5mins", he said.

Emily looked at him and then at Charlie. She walked to her desk and picked up the phone on her desk.
" Lucy.. do we have anymore clients coming in... he is the last . Ok thank you", She said and hang up the phone .

" You have five minutes .. not even a second more", she said removing her coat.

She excused herself and walked inside the restroom and washed her hands. She quickly sniffed at herself checking if she didn't smell of animals and then grabbed her perfume from her bag and sprayed some on her top.

As they sat down at the small café across the road , she noticed Lorenzo had a smile on his lips and she wondered what he was smiling about.

" And that grin?", she asked.

" I spoke to your sister.. Samantha.. and was surprised to find out that you are actually a vet! No wonder Charlie likes you", he said and the dog barked .

Emily had to smile , it was true as she remembered her first encounter with Charlie.

" And .. she told me about Ginnie..", he added and Emily nearly choked on her juice.

What?! How could Samantha do that?! Oh she's going to hear from me.., Emily thought.

" Listen, Emily . I wish you could have spoken to me about what you heard. It is not true, I actually confessed my feelings for you to her and she got furious.. Ginnie must have said that out of spite", Lorenzo said slowly grabbing her hand which was closer to his . He gently squeezed it and Emily looked at him , she could see that he was sincere as his eyes were begging her to believe him.

Emily remembered that day .Ginnie had never been friendly with her before , but on that day she was chatting with her and even invited her to have coffee with her and  Elena , which she had declined saying that she was busy and wouldn't be able to come . Ginnie had come back inviting her  shopping with them, she was actually almost begging her , she had found it strange. She went along only because she had to make a stop close to the shop they were going.

" I'm sorry ... I didnt tell you that I am a vet. I had to help my sisters and my mom...", Emily explained and he squeezed her hand softly.

" I know .. Samantha told me everything..", Lorenzo said.

" Samantha.. and what else did my sister say ?!", Emily asked.

" Well she said that .. she thinks .. that you are in love with me!", Lorenzo 's words nearly made her choke on her juice for a second time.

I'm going to .. pull her hair out! , Emily thought as her cheeks blushed .

" So the red cheeks means yes .. you are in love with me", Lorenzo asked.

Without saying a word she stood up and walked over to him and sat on his lap.

" Even if I didn't want to .. but ..", she started to say but then she preferred to show him. Emily kissed him passionately as the other people in the café cheered.