Chapter 3 - Sunday

(3rd POV)

You awoke from the sunlight shining through your open window, you never turned on your alarm last night. Birds were chirping, and a light breeze blows through. Laying in bed you weren't sure what to do today. You finally decide get up and walk downstairs, you see dad reading a newspaper on the living room couch. You decided to sit next to him and turn on the tv.

(Your perspective)

"How did you sleep last night (y/n)?" Dad asked as he set the paper on his lap.

"Not well." I replied but continued, "I kept thinking about mom, and who I am. What's my purpose?"

"Purpose? What ever do you mean?" Dad seemed confused.

"Am I ment to be a monster that's supposed to do something in the world, either good or bad? Am i part of a proficy for a cult? Or am I made for the military to help them with future wars against enemies?" I quickly spoke without taking a breath.

Dad set the paper from his lap onto the couch arm. He grabbed me and hugged me so I could understand.

"You are not part of anything. No cult, no military, no monster. You are you, a beautiful young girl who I'm proud to call my daughter." He paused looking at me, his eyes seemed joyful. "Your mother and I love you with everything in our hearts. Don't question who you are. Be yourself. Alright sweetie?" Dad stopped hugging me and I sat up.

Sniffling I responded, "Thanks dad, I fell a lot better knowing that."

"Your welcome sweatheart. Now, how about we go out for lunch?" Dad asked.

I nodded as we headed to the car and went out. We headed to MegaSubs, and ordered our special wraps. Dad got a tomato wrap that contained; turkey, chicken, provolone cheese, black olives, pickles, spinach, onion, mayo, and mustard. I ordered a flour wrap with ham, swiss cheese, lettuce, spinach and ranch. My priority is simple when it comes to food, but dad likes to mix it up most times.

We enjoyed our subs at the restaurant while having small conversations about how my schooling is going. Dads happy that I've got good grades, and that its my last year of school.

We've only got about 1 month left so final exams will be coming up. I've studied hard, and dad even helps with anything I needed. I never told him about the bullying, but its so soon to graduation to worry about it. Soon I'll be gone and off to college, so I won't have to care about it anymore.

*Time skip to 5pm*

Dad and I are at home watching tv, its some house renovation show where they fix abandoned houses and sell them for a lot more then buying and fixing it cost.

"So kiddo, do you have any ideas on supper?" Dad asked me, and i shrugged.

"I'm not really hungry this evening dad, but is it alright if I go walk in the woods behind the house? I promise to stay on the path that's there." I pleaded with him, and he finally accepted to it, as long as I return before bed.

I hugged him excitedly, and ran to my room to pack supplies I might need while out there. I didn't tell dad what happened last night, so I wanna be prepared this time.

I grabbed my backpack to add a flashlight, my pocket knife, bottle of water, a raincoat, drawing supplies, and snacks. I head downstairs to the backdoor and told dad that I'd be at the rock in the clearing.

Walking out the back door and up to the forest, I stopped at the edge before entering. I wasn't scared this time, because I'm prepared. Taking a deep breath and clearing my mind I walked in.

Walking on the path, I didn't see or hear anything. As I reached the rock, I climbed up and sat in the middle putting the backpack on my lap. I looked around again, but nothings out there. I decided to draw the sunset on the horizon that I see infront of me.

It took about an hour of drawing, but you finished the picture and was darn proud of it. Big smile on my face, I put it in the folder of the drawing book to show dad later. I then took out the water and snacks having a small break.

I munched on my snack, then sipped some water. As I swallowed water, I had the strange felling that I was being watched, again. I looked around, again no one there. But the weary feeling of being watched got to me a bit. I put away all my stuff and just sat there, to see if whatevers watching me would come out.

About half an hour of waiting, I started to get irritated. I stood up and spoke, "Knock it off will you, its annoying. If your out there, just come out and talk to me. Its creepy to be watched."

I continued to look around but no one was there. I was about to sit back down when I hear the snap of a twig right behind me. I then heard light breathing, but didn't turn around. I just sat on the rock looking down at my bag.

"Nice to see you again (y/n). The same scratchy voice from last night spoke. But this time it seemed friendly. I was about to speak when it spoke again. "Why are you out here again, especially at this time of night? Don't you know you can get hurt, or worse...killed."

His voice got less friendly from the last sentence. It scared me a bit. I suddenly started to hear a light static ringing in my ears, it hurt a bit so I covered my ears with my hands. It didn't help much seeming the sound got louder and louder.

Out of slight fear I grabbed the pocket knife and flashlight out of my bag and swung behind me with the knife out. I turned around as the static stopped and turned on the flashlight to see what made the noise. Nothings there... I jumped off the rock and headed straight home.

I got inside, went to my room and straight to sleep. I wanted to put this night behind me and think about nothing as I lay there. Tiredness eventually fell over me and I fell asleep.

_____________________________________
Minor issues fixed: 2/6/20