Chapter Seventeen

Eve's POV

It's been a week since I walked in on 'Adam' shirtless. A week since I last talked to him. A week of me trying not to think about him. But he just kept swarming around in my head. Sometimes my brain would correct me, telling me that I shouldn't think about him. That I should just forget him. And there is this part of me telling me that I should just forget that he lied to me. I should just be happy that Adam is a girl and that we could just become a cute lesbian couple. Shortly over a week ago I wished that they'd be a girl so that I wouldn't have to be confused with this feelings that I got for them. And now that I've seen that they're not a guy I refuse to talk to them instead of giving them a chance to explain themselves. But I just can't believe they lied to me for this long, not even trying to tell me the truth. "Hey Eve? I'll meet Charley at the mall, you want to come with us?" Isabel asked from my door. "Na you go have fun with your girlfriend, I'll just lie around here in self-pity." "Oh, come on Eve, she's not my girlfriend you can come with us. It's just that this is probably the last day I could see her, since they'll drive up to Seattle tomorrow, and..." She stopped still standing in my doorway fidgeting with her hands. "And what Isabel?" "I know I should have told you earlier, but I wanted to be sure and then I was scared of your reaction which is stupid because I know that you'd probably support me but still..." "Isabel" I cut off her rambling. "Just tell me." "I talked to my Psychologist back at the mental hospital that I was in and she told me about her colleague and I talked to Dr. Clark and she got me a place in her mental hospital and I'll start therapy there next week." "Isabel that's great." I jumped up and hugged her. "Yeah it really is." She grinned. "Anyway, I gotta go now. Bye Eve." "Bye Isabel." She left me alone there in my room to think about 'Adam' some more. How perfect that kiss felt and how perfect it'd be if they'd be my girlfriend. And how stupid I am for not realising they've been a girl this whole time. It's been my fault that they lied to me.

Ada's POV

One week...It's been one week since that day. Eve hasn't talked to me. She blocked me on her phone so I can't call or text her. It's been one horrible week. No school, no friends, nothing that could distract me from thinking about her. There was nothing I could do. "Ada? Can you take care of Ruby for today? I have a meeting with my new boss and I can't be late." "Sure Sam. I could need a little distraction." I got up from my bed and picked up my little girl who immediately started playing with my unstyled hair. "Thanks. I owe you one." "You say that every time and I got nothing back, by now you owe me at least twenty." She playfully shoved my shoulder. "Maybe I'm just waiting till you have kids yourself." "Sure, and by then you owe me so much I wouldn't have to look after that kid for at least six years." "Well that'll be stressful six years for me. Anyway, I gotta go, bye Ada." She kissed Ruby's forehead. "Bye Sweetie." "Bye Mom." Ruby and I both said. Before Sam left us just shaking her head at me. "So little princess, what are we going to do now?" What can I possibly do with a (nearly) four-year-old girl? "Arcade!" She yelled excitedly. "Well, okay then, get yourself dressed in whatever you want and meet me in my bathroom in a bit." "Okay daddy." I sat her down and she ran to her room, while I got dressed in my PVRIS shirt and ripped skinny jeans. For the first time in month I'm wearing a tight shirt so now you can actually see that I have boobs. Maybe I should have worn that shirt when Eve called me Adam. I walked over to my bathroom and styled my hair. When I was about to start brushing my teeth, Ruby came running into my room. I expected her to wear a colourful mix of clothes that didn't fit together, but instead she wore a green day shirt, that I bought her, and matched it with tight black jeans and her little black vans. We matched perfectly. "You look good." "Thanks, you too, daddy." I smiled at her and lifted her up on the counter so that she could look into my mirror to get herself ready for the day. "Daddy, can you make me space buns?" She asked when her forth try failed. "Sure, I'll try." I stood behind her and twirled her long blonde hair into two little buns on her head. "Is that okay?" I asked her. "Yep." She took her tooth brush and we both finished getting ready before heading to the local Arcade in the mall.