Chapter Twenty-Five

Ada's POV

Today is the day that we're leaving for New York, but before that, Eve has to ace her dance thing. I promised her to come and watch it, so that's why I'm here sitting next to my mom and the other teachers in the VIP booth. Eve and Jenna are currently on stage performing to Halsey's Walk the line. I could get kind of jealous at the intimate dance that they're performing, but Jenna's my best friend and I know that she'd never do anything. Besides it's just a dance. I've always thought it's fascinating how Jenna can move her body, but Eve is even better. Dancing makes her look like a goddess. On second thought everything makes her look like a goddess. She's just so gorgeous and talented, and bright and just so fucking perfect. I can't believe that she's actually my girlfriend. How can someone so perfect spend time with some lame old loser like me? These last few weeks with her have been the best of my life. She usually waits for the end of my basketball training when their dance practice is over to go home with me, where we just lay around cuddling and watching some Netflix series, before she leaves in the evening. Friday nights are date nights so we go out to eat dinner or have a picnic or do whatever as long as it counts as a date. And then she spends the whole weekend at my place. We are the most boring couple but we are happy so fight us. I'm so excited to go to New York with her. Explore the streets of the big unknown town, go to the times square, central park, Broadway, the statue of liberty and all the other amazing places. But before that I have to support my girl on her big day. When the fantastic show is finally over I walk down to the entry of the backstage area to wait for her. It seems to take ages until Eve and Jenna finally come out. Eve quickly ran to me and squealed in my ear. I couldn't understand one word she said, so I laughed shaking my head. "Can you repeat that in a normal voice baby?" I said holding her in my arms. "We got invited to the auditions at the Juilliard school next week." She grinned up at me. "That's great sweetie." I picked her up, spinning her around. This was her dream since she was a small girl. It also meant that we could all move to New York together, when we get accepted at our schools. Next week just got even better. When I placed Eve back on the ground I pulled Jenna in a bone crushing hug. Then Ally and Charley came out and Jenna ran to her girlfriend to tell her the news. I hugged Charley and then we all left the school building. We quickly picked up our bags and went to the airport to catch our flight. We decided to take a night flight to have more time in New York. The plan for the next few days was to go around the town for the first few days. Then on Monday the girls have their audition, on Tuesday I have my test game for the basketball team, then Wednesday we're all free, so Jenna and I are planning to take our girls on a date, After that I have my test cooking at the new school on Thursday and then on Friday Jenna and Eve hopefully have the second part of their audition to which we can all go celebrate on Saturday (by which I mean that Ally and I are planning something special) before flying back home on Sunday.

Sunday (Day 1)

Aunt Melina took us to the city after a short nap. She decided that it would be best if she showed us around. First she'd show us the important stops for our week. We made a tour through the city, passed Julliard, the address I got for the basketball team, then we went to the culinary arts school. Afterwards she showed us the city sightings. Times square, Rockefeller center, Manhattan, Broadway, we made a ferry trip to the statue of liberty. Obviously we also went to the central park and the empire state building. Wen we got back to her place we all dropped dead on the couch. I don't think we actually made it back to our rooms that night.

Monday (Day 2)

Jenna and Eve left the house early in the morning so Ally and I spent the day at the house. I trained a bit in the backyard while Ally threw me the balls. It went good, not as great as I hoped but still good enough for me to be confident about the try out. Afterwards we went out to go buy some groceries so that we could cook something nice for our girls. We just finished the Apple Walnut stuffed Pork roast when the girls got back. Grinning wildly they hugged us and squealed in our ears. I laughed. "So I guess it went good." "Yes they invited us to come back for the second round. I can't believe we actually made it." Eve Squealed. "Great, I'm so proud of you baby." I turned around in her arms and kissed her. "Thank you, and you cooked us dinner?" She asked between kisses. "Yes, I wanted to practice a bit before I completely fuck up soon." "That's awesome. I'm hungry. In fact I'm starving." She said letting go of me and sitting down at the table. Ally and I served the food and together we ate dinner.