Chapter Twenty-Three

Ada's POV

The bell rang, signaling the end of this school day and the week. It's finally Friday and I can leave this hell hole. Nah, I'm just kidding, I love my school. I opened my locker to put away my books that I don't need for the weekend, as I felt arms sneak around my waist. "Hey Ada." Her voice put a smile on my face. "Hi Eve." I turned around in her arms and looked down at her. I place my hands on her cheeks and leaned down to kiss her. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" she asked when I released her lips. "Not really. I still need to go shopping and prepare everything." She hit my shoulder. "You know that's not what I meant. I want to know if you're mentally ready." I laughed lightly. "I will be." I said before I kissed her again. On Wednesday Eve told me that her dad talked to her mom and she agreed to come over for dinner on Saturday. I got to admit that I'm fucking nervous but I'm also glad they accepted my invitation because it means that her father likes me at least to some degree. "You sure? I can ask them to do it some other time." No, it's fine. I'll cook something and we'll have a nice time with our families. I want to meet your mother." I said, placing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Okay, then I'll see you tomorrow, 7 p.m. right?" "Yes. I'll do my best to be done by then." "I'm sure it'll be great." We smiled at each other before we leaned in and kissed again. We've been acting like a couple all week, but I couldn't find the guts to make it official. I don't know what I'm so scared off. Maybe that she thinks we're moving too fast, but then again... she introduced me to her father and she's planning to come over to dinner with both her parents so that I can meet her mother. "Hey, you're thinking too much." "I'm sorry." "What's up?" She looked at me worriedly. "Nothing, just something that's bothering me, but maybe I'm able to change that soon." I said smiling down at her. "Okay, but tell me if I'm able to help." "Will do." I leaned back down capturing her lips once more. "Ada, stop shoving your tongue down that poor girls throat, we need to go shopping." Allys voice disturbed us. I pulled back showing my sister the middle finger. "For your information, she was shoving her tongue down my throat." I said, dropping my arm down on a blushing Eves shoulder. "Too much information." "I was just making sure that your facts were straight." "Nothing about that fact was straight." "Maybe because none of us is straight." I closed my locker and we walked out of the school, ma arm still on Eves shoulder, while she wrapped hers around my waist. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said smiling down at her. "Yeah, I'll look forward to it. I kissed her goodbye, before I got into my car with Jenna and Ally. Eve walked over to her car and I started driving. "So, Jenna, you wanna go home or are you coming with us?" "I'm coming with you guys, this should be fun." "No, it won't." Ally groaned, "Ada's just going to stand there for half an hour wondering if she should take this product or rather that one. Looking through the whole store just to find the best products. And she'll get frustrated, like a lot, because they won't have the exact thing that she's searching for. It's awful." "Hey I'm not that bad." I tried defending myself, while pulling into the parking lot of the huge supermarket in our district. "Yeah, right, you're worse." Ally said while getting out. We followed her and I got a cart, before starting my search for what I needed. Ally and Jenna followed me around, occasionally complaining when they thought that I took too long to make a decision. About one and a half hours later we made our way back to the car. "Jesus, that was even worse than I imagined." Jenna said, slumping against the car, while I packed the bags into the trunk. "I told you, it's horrible." Ally got into the car while I finished putting the groceries into the car trunk. "So, may I ask, what all this is for?" "I invited Eve and her parents over for dinner tomorrow." "Wow, how come?" "Her dad asked me like a million questions when I went to pick her up on Valentine's day, so I told him he could come over for dinner with his wife some day so that I can answer them all." "Well, good luck with that. Her father is very hard to please." "Yeah, I kind of figured that out already. I just hope her mom's cool and likes me. I think I already kind of impressed her dad, but I guess you never know." I closed the trunk and got into the car, driving us home.