Chapter Twenty

Eve's POV

"Eve?" Someone shouted next to my ear ripping me out of my trance. "Yeah?" "Ugh, finally." Jenna sighed, sitting down on the chair next to mine. "What have you been thinking about? I tried talking to you for at least ten minutes." I blushed. I thought back to the weekend. The two 'dates' I had with Ada were amazing. "Eve!" Jenna was waving her hand in front of my face. "Sorry, I must have spaced out." "You're spacing out the whole time. Now tell me... what are you thinking about that makes you totally forget about your amazing best friend?" "Just the weekend." I say shrugging my shoulders to play it down. "And what happened this weekend?" "I'll tell you, but under one condition." "What is the condition?" "You tell me everything that's going on between you and Ally." Jenna's eyes widened. "Nothing." She said quickly, way too quickly. So, she added, "We're just friends," with a shrug. "Yeah, sure. Then nothing happened this weekend." I said turning to the whiteboard in front of the classroom. "No." Jenna grabbed my arm and pulled me back to her. "I'll tell you." She sighed. I lean back, "Okay, spill..." "Well, after you and Ada disappeared, Ally asked me if I could drive her home, but my car didn't start, so we decided to walk to my place. We tried to call Ada but Ally's phone was out of battery and mine was still in the car, which I totally forgot. So, we went to my place and my parents said it'd be okay if she stayed over, so that's what we did." Jenna shrugged. "Jenna, I didn't ask for a childfree summary of your weekend. I want to know what's going on between you two. As in inside that cold rock-like heart of you." I poked her chest. "Well. We're ... friends." I groaned. "Friends? Jenna, you sure about that?" I pulled my phone out and showed her the pic Ada send me. Well, technically I stole her phone and send it myself. "This does not look like friends." "So, what? Friends aren't allowed to cuddle? And where did you even get this?" "Ada send it to me, and this does not look like friends cuddling. We don't cuddle like this." "Ugh I'm gonna Kill her." Jenna sighed. "So...when we called Ada and she said she couldn't pick her up, we were actually happy that she couldn't, because it meant that we could spend more time together. We laid around on my bed the whole day, just watching movies and commenting on them. Like dance movies. You know how I am about them. And Ally wasn't even bothered by me criticizing their dace moves, instead she said things about the music and what could have been done better, what she would do differently. And somehow during that we ended up cuddling and falling asleep. It felt so nice and save to hold her in my arms. But then Ada came and woke us up and teased us. And then after that we all ate Pizza. They left and it was so hard to let Ally go, but I had to. And now, we haven't had a chance to talk about anything, and she hasn't called or texted me at all. I haven't heard from her since Saturday and I'm freaking out." Jenna rambled down that rest of her weekend not caring about what I said earlier. "Have you texted her? Maybe she's waiting for you to text her first." "Yeah, I have, but she never answered." "Maybe she was busy?" "The whole Sunday?" "I don't know." "Have I done something wrong? Was it too soon? Am I moving too fast? Does she even have these feelings for me? Or are we really just friends?" "Hey calm down." I put my hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure it's nothing like that. She was probably just busy when she got your text and thought she'd reply later and then she forgot about it." "You sure?" "Yes, now should I tell you about my weekend?" "Yes!" she said overexcited. "Well Ada and I had a hang out on Saturday and her niece Ruby was with us. And it was so much fun, and she'd be such a good mother, it's so cute when she interacts with Ruby. Anyway, we met again on Sunday and it was even better, because we were alone. So, we went to IN N' OUT and got Burgers and after that we went to the beach and just took a long walk, talking about nothing and everything at the same time. It was amazing. Then after that we went to the cinema to chill out, and we watched a movie and when it got a bit scary I took her hand. She pulled it away and I was so disappointed, but then she wrapped her arm around me and hold me close to her. I swear I've never felt so comfortable and safe in my whole life. I was so sad when the movie ended and she drove us home, because I could have sat in that cinema for the rest of my life if it meant that I could have her arms around me." I sighed. "Wow sounds like you're so in love with her. Almost like you two are dating." Jenna chuckled. "What? Now, we're barely friends again." But I can feel my heart jumping at the thought of us dating. Can I just stop lying to myself? I'm so in love with Ada, I would date her if she was a guy. "Not yet, but soon you two will be the schools cutest couple." "Na, you and Ally already stole that title." Jenna blushed and quickly got up, leaving the room just as Ada arrived for class. "Hey." She smiled at me and sat down next to me. "What's up with Jenna?" "Well Ally isn't talking to her." I shrugged. "God, those two are driving me crazy. Can they just admit that they love each other?" "You shouldn't be asking me, you should ask them. Why is Ally doing this?" Ada sighed. "Well, she thinks Jenna isn't ready for a relationship. She's scared that she'd destroy their friendship." "That's bullshit." "Yeah, that's what I told her, and then I came home yesterday and she was sitting there with her phone in her hand staring at this text she got from Jenna and then she just closed her phone and put it on the other side of the room, as if she was forcing herself not to look at it or even answer." "So, she ignored Jenna on purpose?" "Yep." "Ugh those two are so complicated." The teacher walked in and stopped all the conversations in the room.