Chapter 8

My fingers tremble at my sides, brushing against the material of Ezra's white robe. My muscles bunch clenching and jumping under the skin of my body. He sighs a deep soul-satisfying sound and curls into my arms tight, winding his arms around my neck tighter. His lips ghost over the thudding vein of my neck, brushing with every inhalation he takes. I look down at him at the tuff of blackened waves, silken to the touch. I had never noticed his height before, how he only came to the tip of my chin.

"Mistress," He mumbles. A hum of acknowledgment filters past my lips and my arms wind-up around his skinny torso, clenching holding tight. "I've been waiting for you, I thought you weren't coming." He pouts, casting his eyes to the ground soft and sweet. I loosen one of my arms gripping the underside of his chin to tilt his head up to meet my stare. Even with the elevation, he keeps his eyes cast away like a good boy. I thumb across the bottom of his eye and the boy groans pressing in closer.

"Ama'Rose," He says next nuzzling at my cheeks, sultry smile still plastered to his face. "Oh, how I missed you terribly." He pulls away after much hesitation, smiles and then pivots flouncing back towards the circular cushion. He leans over the backrest and retrieves a silver box.

"No Ezra." Noma hisses folding her arms across her breast, she shakes her head and the hold Ezra has on the box clenches. The wrapping contorts crinkling.

"I'm allowed to gift her." Ezra's eyes darken and this deep frown forms on his face. He looks towards me then down at the box. Noma steps between the space we've made, and she plants her well-manicured hands on the swell of her hips. She steels her expression.

"I know what's in that box hun, in fact, I'm one-hundred percent sure we all know what's in that box. You know the rules shug, and Mistress Buchanan specifically said—"

"I know what she said!" He whines. The box jostles in his hand as he tries to side-step around Noma, but the woman blocks his path with a stern twist in her lips.

"Out of my way Noma, I asked Mistress Buchanan and she said I could. Mind your own business," He tries to move to the other side, but Noma is relentless and by the look on her face, she's not convinced either. I want to know what's hidden in the box. It is only fair right? Everyone knows except for me and if it's a gift, well obviously I'm not going to decline it. "Noma."

"That's not how the rules of the housework and you know it. You can't just force that on her. Patience is virtue, Ezra." He finally shoves past her taking root behind my body. I can see him glaring at Noma from over my shoulder. He presses against my back and the box digs unforgiving into my skin.

"It's my gift to give to her, and in return, she'll bestow it to me," He reaches up planting a soft kiss to the underside of my jaw fluttering his eyes. "Here." Noma frowns whispers something to the others and then she's storming out the room slamming the doors shut.

"You're in trouble now Ezra, Noma's going to tell on you."

"Shut up William I got permission and that's all that matters." The box is pushed into my hands, medium weight and grounding. I shake it gently and a loud thunking noise fills the room. Ezra chuckles cheeks flaring red and a nervous twitch in his legs. He waits impatiently for me to open the box.

"You're so backwards," William scoffs. "what if she wanted to pick? And now that won't hold any sentimental value. How is that even possible? A submissive giving their own—" Ezra grunts and places a delicate hand against my shoulder. Leans in close to my ear to brush the lobe with his lips.

"Go on and open it." I slowly peel the lid of the box away peeking in. Reaching into the darkness of the box, I feel my fingers brush against firm leather and satin cloth. I wrap my fingers around the object and gently remove it from the box; the silver box clatters as it falls to the floor. The object which is left behind leaves me breathless, weightless. A collar about as thick as my index and middle finger combined, adorned with embroidered stitching and a small hoop.