Chapter 27

I card my fingers through the slightly damp curls upon Ezra's head, raking the blunt curve of my nails across the warmth of his scalp in slow lazed circles. He sighs, bone-deep relief seeping out every portion of his body. The sub squints through his lashes and then burrows into the crevasse of my bosom, shy and ever so soft. It wasn't fair. How was I going to be able to avoid his temptations, urges, and feelings? I'd never be able to escape him now, and deep down I knew the only way we'd separate was by that of his own will. His own say.

"You can't," He murmurs pressing the warm plumpness of his lips against the jut of my collar bone. "you can't leave me. Not like the others." Oh, Ezra. Didn't he already know I was trapped within this relationship?

"Maybe...maybe you should go to therapy?" I offer, freezing the gentle circles. He tenses, but I just pet him through it. Firmly warming his limbs with my palms until he relaxes back into the boneless heap against my chest.

"I don't need it."

"Yes, you do," I lift his chin with my palm until his hazel orbs meet my gaze. "You've been through traumatic events and it reflects Ezra." He tries to sit up, but the narrowing of my brows and the stiff draw of my lip keeps him from rising any further.

"From what I heard, the stories you've told me, I think you may have abandonment issues or a form of separation anxiety." The sub shakes his head, fingers clenching the soft duvet across the mattress. Ezra seems to fall silent after that and my heart beats wildly rising to fill the void of absolute silence. I lick the chapped skin of my bottom lip and for once Ezra doesn't follow the movement.

"Who?" I finally ask. He rolls his head until his ear is resting on the exposed skin of my shoulder. "What was his name? The man?" He shakes his head again while lifting his fingers to his mouth, the trembling digits ghost over his lips.

"It's alright Ezra, you can tell me," His eyes glaze with dewy moisture and his brows scrunch together tightly. Pure agony. I immediately apologize, knowing I'm treading on a sensitive subject. Wrapping my arms around his torso I plant a few kisses across his forehead. The conversation dies, and in a sense, a small portion of me does as well.

°♡°

I walk down the hall with the light iridescent robe fluttering around my bare calves, dragging ever so fluidly across the cold sting of marble. A few minutes ago, I had put Ezra to sleep, dropping him into the comfort of his headspace with creamy praises and honeyed touches across his body. The boy was out in a matter of seconds. Making a sharp left, I feel the air in my lungs release as a violent jump shakes my body.

"I see Ezra's got his claws deep in ya." Will gushes pushing himself away from the wall to stalk towards me. I clutch at my heart as it tries to slow and I eye the man wearily before circling him, trying to leave.

"He's told you about his coming, yeah?" He asks jumping in front of my path to cease my quick getaway. I grumble out an answer neither agreeing nor disagreeing. "Must have, you've got this look on your face all pitying, mixed with that of disappointment. He must have talked about our previous relationship," My aura flares and William sinks to his knees with a dazed smirk on his face. "Bettin you feel really bad for 'em, all regretful and understanding." He spits out. The venom in his voice makes me wince and an unsettling gurgle twists and worms around my belly.

"Why does this matter?" I finally ask feeling protective over the not present sub. Will laughs and it washes over me like nails on a chalkboard. He pushes himself off the ground and stumbles into my arms with a snare etched onto his face.

"Cause I'm sick and tired of him using bits and pieces of his story to rope the gullible and weak-minded into complying with his every whim! He's a manipulator Ama'Rose." I clench my hands and narrow my eyes towards the switch. How dare him?