Chapter 24

I rinse the mug out with scorching hot water, watching as the remanence of the coffee disappears down the drain. Once I shake out the water I set it across the wooden drying rack, and I make my way out the kitchen and back towards my room. The trip feels long like a few hours, and I can't tell whether that's because I'm dragging my feet, or because I'm actually dreading facing Ezra. His desperation, betrayal, something deeper. More primal. I pause in front of Noma's door taking a quick peek inside. Her room is still the way I left it, and no visible signs of Ezra lay insight. I lick the dryness of my lips wincing as my saliva burns the split. Turning around I look towards my room. The door is shut firm.

With heavy feet I walk across the hall and grip onto the doorknob, setting my forehead against the cool surface of the door. Sighing deeply, I twist the handle and swing the door open. My comforter ripples and then a head full of blackened ringlets immerge. My heart thuds against my chest, steady and firm. I step in closing the door behind me softly.

"Ezra." The boy preens, bottom lip wobbling as he detangles his limbs from the white sheets on my bed. He falls to the floor with a sickening thud, cracking his knees in his haste.

"How are you feeling?" I ask. He rounds the bed with an awkward grace and throws his arms around my neck, hopping into my arms with a violent launch. His legs wrap around my waist, and I find myself supporting his weight with the palms of hands secured to his bottom.

"Why did you ignore me?" He asks voice hoarse and scratchy. My arms begin to burn while holding him, so I move our bodies to the bed. "Ugh, my head his throbbing." He whimpers. I pet his bangs away and nose along his forehead, Ezra's quick to scrabble at the back of my t-shirt, burrowing in closer. More personal.

"I didn't know if you're punishment was over. I was just trying to follow the rules," I pet over his body, rubbing soothing circles into his back, and up into the nape of his neck which causes little gasps and moans to tumble out his mouth. Over the tip of his tailbone, across the swell of his behind. I massage little shapes into the meat. "I had to respect Mistress Buchanan's punishment." Ezra shivers.

"Eventually, she won't be able to punish me. She won't be able to command me, nor will anyone else." No. He fists his fingers in my shirt's collar and tugs me towards his face, lips ghosting over mine.

"You'll be my...permanent Dom, my bonded." I sit up from the bed guiding the sub with me so he's upright as well. He follows the movement without any protesting.

"Ezra?" I say capturing his face with my cool palms. He leans into the touch eyelids fluttering, but before they can close fully I give his shoulder a firm shake. He mumbles a small yes.

"We met at a club, about 6 days ago...six days ago Ezra," He grumbles pressing his chest to mine, caging my thigh between his own. "From what I've heard, we've already begun to um bond?" He nods excitedly, nuzzling into my collarbone. I can feel the large grin on his lips.

"Yeah! It's great, right?" My head shakes and I push the boy back so I can meet his gaze.

"This, what we have here...it's moving too quick too fast. I think we need to reevaluate—"

"We're compatible Ama'Rose, so compatible that the bond's development is happening unconsciously. We're two halves to the same whole, a perfectly constructed jigsaw which fits seamlessly," His eyelids droop until thick black lashes fan across his cheeks.

"You can handle my presence I know you can because we were made for each other. Moving too fast doesn't apply to us." It comes out of nowhere, the floodgate of tingles which washes over my body. Leaving my limbs ignited with pins and prickles of goosebumps. The conscious part of my mind darkens a bit, coating my vision in a filmy black screen. The only thing I can make out is Ezra, and all I can feel is haze. I lift a hand tangling the fingers in the semi-soft oily strands of his hair. Tugging him in close enough to where I'm able to drag the flat of my tongue across his ruby lips. Ezra just mewls, opening his mouth and chases my tongue with soft licks. He nips at the corner of my lip before chuckling quietly. His pupils are blown wide, obsidian black.