Chapter 31

When I wake I'm greeted by the soft look of Ezra's sleeping face. His chest is softly rising and falling to the steady thump of my heart, and his eyes twitch gently, fluttering the black fullness of his lashes against the paleness of his skin. The sleeping boy sighs gently and his fingers pad against the coolness of the comforter, searching. I rest my hand against my cheek, and I watch him sleep, watch as the yellow-orange tint of the rising sun dashes across each beauty mark on his face. Watch as his lips part ever so softly as another contented sigh slips past them. And I can't help but think how peaceful he looks; how utterly innocent this boy seems. How soft and unmarked by the harshness which is his reality.

I lift my other hand hovering it over the wispy bangs rested on his pillow and forehead, wanting to caress the strands but ultimately resisting the temptation. I clench my hand and scoot out of the bed letting my feet sink into the carpet. Sparing one last glance towards the sub, I quietly creep towards the dresser picking up the Bond Book, and then I stuff my toes into the velvet clothing of my slippers. Deep down as I slip through the door, I can feel the burning gaze of Ezra Wellington and the bittersweet yearning which seems ever so deeply engraved into his very being. Yet he doesn't follow me and remains planted on the bed. Even though there's the harsh tinge strumming on the bond.

°♡°

When one forms a bond with another, their genetics mold and become accustomed to that of their bond mate's. This is represented by the cancelation of other's authority. (Meaning other Doms will not be able to put said bonded sub into headspace, use their presences on them, and or make them submit) Both parties will only react to one another's specific aura makeup which ties them permanently to each other.

I skim the rest of the chapter with my legs tucked under my body, and my nail resting on my lip.

Bonds can be formed within any given amount of time, but depending on the compatibility of each party, the bond can either be faster in its developmental stage or tremendously slow. If a bond does take, one should be conscious about symptoms and signs stating the newly forming link.

1. A strong attraction between the two. This can be seen as obsessive behavior or possessiveness. If your significant other seems to be overly clingy or anxious, this can be an early sign of a bond forming. This symptom can either disappear throughout the rest of the linking process or become progressively worse until the bond is completely formulated or dissolved.

2. Projection of your bonded's emotions. Does it seem as if your experiencing feelings you never have before? Or that you react to certain things differently? Well, don't panic. These new and out of the blue feelings are those from your bond mate. As the bond grows stronger and entwines deeper into both parties auras, an empathetic connection forms. Your body is becoming more in tune with your partner biologically and emotionally, so fret not.

3. Hysteria and or Doubt. This is a big step in one's life and it comes with immense changes. During the bonding process, one's hormones can fluctuate and affect your overall mood. If you're having doubts or suspicions on your partner or having second thoughts on the bond, try and verbally speak with your partner or reflect deeply on the matter. The new emotions and hormone overdrive can be influencing you negatively. If it becomes too much one can always take a step back and reflect over the bonding process. Also, be aware that these two emotions can be heightened. If you or your partner were previously experiencing doubt or other concerning emotions, they can be doubled.

My heart speeds up and I clench the book watching as the page crinkles a bit. It was the bond. Ezra was influenced by the bond, and so was I.

"What're you reading?" I jump letting the book slip from out of my hands and onto the floor. Ophelia just giggles tucking her hair behind her ear and then she scoops the book up while skimming over the title.