Chapter 14

At the end of breakfast, I gather the dishes and the silverware in one large pile and haul the mess to the sink. Ezra follows after me still on his hands and knees, a dazed look etched into his features, almost like he's lost. I twist my lips peeking over my shoulder towards Noma.

"Hey," I call after her. Noma wipes the crumbs from the table to the floor and then looks towards me with an awkward smile. She sets the rag down letting me know she's listening. "Where's your dish soap and the rags?" She nods down towards the cabinet and then turns back to the table, glaring down at the wood.

"You don't have to wash them," She says rubbing her hands down her nightgown. "It's literally your first official day here, plus it's Christian and Ophelia's week for dish duty. You shouldn't be cleaning just yet, not when you haven't even settled in. That'd make us terrible host." I shake my head while resting my weight on the counters, carding my fingers through my hair to scratch at my scalp. Ezra nudges at my leg, and I drop my hand stroking his head and the pinkened skin of his cheeks.

"Its no problem, I don't mind. Plus, I have Ezra here to help me," I press his bangs away from his forehead leaning in to plant a small kiss to his skin. His eyelids drop and his fingers curl into his palms, a small tremor running through his body. Noma watches the interaction with wide eyes, her index finger hovering in the air. A funny feeling fills my stomach, fluttering around as if I were on a roller coaster. It doesn't settle until I open my mouth to say, "Are you going to be a good boy for me Ezra, and help with dry the dishes?" He smiles shyly licking his bottom lip. Peeking over at Noma he nods and the woman hums. The feeling warms and something indescribable dances along my skin.

"You're doing...actually pretty good," She says while straightening the table cloth and fixing the chairs. "With Ezra. You're a natural and much more proper than some of the doms I've met. How, if you don't mind me asking, are you managing?" She raises her eyebrows while motioning to the boy rubbing up against my legs. I open the cabinet taking out the blue dish soap, and a striped rag. I reach even deeper until I find a towel and then I hand it gently to Ezra.

"To be honest, I don't know what the hell I'm doing," I squeeze a few drops of soap in the sink and turn the water to luke-warm. "There's a part of me that wants to care and handle a sub, and then there's a part of me that doesn't even know I'm doing it. Like at breakfast when I fed my boy..." I pause, eyes frozen on the rising of the suds.

"And just now when I claimed him. It's like I don't realize I'm doing these little things, until after I've done it." Noma is absolutely radiant, walking around Ezra to reach into a different cabinet. She pulls out a wooden rack and sets it up on the counter next to the sink.

"I was just like you once. You see shug, when my rank was known to the world, I got a lot of recognition for it. It was like a golden ticket. All the prestigious private schools wanted me, and all the rich lonely submissives were having a field day. My daddy never was the best with money, so we couldn't afford luxury goods. Couldn't even afford to get my rank and type tested, he really did work his ass off though. And my gift for my 16th was a trip down to the clinic. That trip really did change my life. Anyway, my daddy chose one of those really expensive schools, signed me up and sent me off. He didn't know any better and I knew he did it for me, that didn't make studying there any easier though. Those prestigious schools are just a load of bull and the things they teach you are so 1950's. It was run to shit by the doms and they really treated the submissives...horribly. I refused their teachings and their code, and I left. I knew nothing. But then I found Mistress Buchanan, and she really taught me the meaning of being a dom."

She crosses her arms over her chest staring down at Ezra with a contemplating look. "I learned everything from her, and not long after her teachings, I began teaching others. Like you and like me, teaching them the proper healthy way in a relationship." I set a pan in the sink full of water watching as the brown egg flakes turn soft and spongy, I twist my lip and begin scrubbing.