Calm night alone

Crowley POV

After doing my daily 'scaring my plants into growing better' routine, I walk into my office and sit down, putting both feet onto my desk and sit back.
"Ughhhhhhh" I scream into the air and look out the windows in-front of me.
My phone starts to ring and I pick it up instantly, (I don't admit it but excitedly).
"Hello?"
"Crowley! Come by my book shop, please?"
"Hey Aziraphale, Ill be right over."
I put the phone down, needing no explanation he's asking me over. I will take any excuse to see him.

I rush to my car after locking up and jump into my beauty, I set my foot down, screeching off onto the road to go see Aziraphale.
I speed up as I get very impatient with all the other incompetent drivers and drive past them, merely avoiding damage to my car but at this point I don't care.
I pull to a safe stop out side his bookshop and run in to see him waiting by the door reading while drinking some posh, weird wine.
"It's dark in here." I take off my glasses to get a better look.
"The electric went out and when I called they said they will get back to me so I'm sitting here trying to read in the dark." He said, placing his book down and looking up to me with a smile.
"You need to be more insistent. I know, you're an 'angel' but not really anymore after our little 'trick" I grin and air quote around trick.
"I don't feel good about that, I will ring them up again tomorrow..." He says, getting up and adjusting his waistcoat.

"Anyway, why did you need me over?" I say, taking a book from the shelf, scanning through it then neatly putting it back.
"Bored. It's dark and I hate the dark." He says, blushing.
I smile and move over to him.
I get lost in his cute face and eyes for a minute and snap back to reality.
"I'll find some candles, do you have any?" I say moving to go look in the back room.
"Yes! They will probably be in a box somewhere. Want me to come help?!" He shouts to me as I begin to rustle through some boxes, making a lot of sound.
"No. No I got them." I shout back to him, taking out a bag of miscellaneous candles from a box.
I set them down on a table and light them with a pinch of the wick with my fingers.
"I just realised something..... Aziraphale.
You're an angel, you bring good. You can just give yourself light." I raise an eyebrow and he grins and I see a little red come onto his cheeks.
"I uh.... forgot I could do that. Being on Earth with humans and all.... Want a drink?!" He rushes to the back room before I could comment on anything else and brings out a glass with some old timey whiskey or whatever it was.
"Absolutely." I answer.
He pours one for me and tops up his own and we sit across from each other in his chairs.
"Has the people downstairs bothered you again yet?" He asks as he takes a swig of his whiskey.
"Not yet. What about the people upstairs?" I ask, putting down my glass and sitting back in one of his chairs.
"Fortunately, no!" He says joyful.

The rest of the night we chat away together, finally free from the stress of what this week had brought us.
I stray away from the conversation and look away from Aziraphale for once and see that it's magically day time outside and look back to him in astonishment.
"Wow. We talked all night?!" Aziraphale notices.
I nod and get up from my chair, stretching my legs.
"I have to tend to some things but I'll see you later. If the electricity company doesn't help you, tell me and I'll get them to." I say.
Aziraphale gets up and opens the door to let me out and I thank him as I leave.
"Crowley! Wait!" He calls after me and I turn around on the balls of my feet.
"What?" I ask.
"Thank you for being there for me... I really.." He looks down at his feet.
"Me too." I answer and pat him on his shoulder, feeling electric shoot through my body and my heart beat faster as it always does around him.
Me and him look at each other with wide eyes, he smiles and I return it getting into my car and shooting off after saying another goodbye.
I drive home more calmly, thinking about him every second.
"Ughhh. You could of kissed him, Crowley." I shout out in anger, bashing my hands on the wheel of the car as I drive home.