Firehazard

Aziraphale POV

I was wandering through my bookshop, admiring my book collection that I've gathered during my years on Earth.
My eyes skimming over every shelf, noticing books I forgot I had.
I was very bored.
Putting my hands in my white pockets I turn the corner to see Crowley standing in the middle of my shop, his eyebrow raised as he turns a book over in his hands.
I admire him from a distance for a second, looking over his well put together outfit and how he was standing.
I felt butterflies in my stomach before I walked over to him.
"What is this?" He says, showing me the front cover with a judging look on his face.
It turns out it was some odd book, why is that out of my private collection?
I rush over and grab it from him before he could open it again and throw it to one side.
"Uh... n-nothing!" I stutter, looking back to were I had thrown it.
He grins and I assume rolls his eyes.
"How may I help you, anyway?" I turn his focus to why he actually was here.
"I was here to invite you to come do something with me, I'm bored." He tilts his head and dangles his arms like a frustrated child.
I smile and he takes that as a yes, not giving me much chance to sort myself out before he's almost pulling me out of my shop, only giving me time to change the sign from open to closed.
We swerve through the london streets, not knowing where we are going or where we will end up. Just keep walking and talking about nonsense.
"So...." Crowley sighs as he puts his hands in his pockets as our walking speed matches and we don't have to weave through people as much.
I turn my head to look at him, not worrying about much else until I notice a sign for a cute small shop with interesting antiques in an alley.
"Look Crowley, lets go in!" I excitedly say, dragging him into the alley and into the shop.
The shop was covered in cute antiques and knickknacks, it was a very modern shop for an antiques shop and I soon find myself inspecting the items and becoming overwhelmed.
Crowley is bizarrely silent and I turn to him, which he was dragging his feet behind me.
"Im terribly sorry, Crowley. The shop excited me." He looks up at me and smiles at me.
"Don't worry, Aziraphale. I don't mind." He responds until his eyes grow wide.
He doesn't say anything and runs past me.
My confusion becomes worse as I start to smell smoke, like something is burning but I can't tell what it is.
I smell the air and suddenly feel my arm being plunged into water.
"You were on fire!" Crowley exclaims as he smiles with relief, breathing heavily.
"Oh no! I could smell something burning...." I facepalm as Crowley laughs.
"Your sleeve must of been in this candle." He picks up the white candle, blows it out and puts it higher up and out of the way.
"And I'm the one normally on fire!" He jokes but I can see the worry and relief behind his eyes.
"I've always had an attraction to fire. Guess I'm a fire hazard?" I shrug jokingly and begin the route to exit the shop.

We exit the shop and decide to make our way to the park for a sit down so we can chill after that whole incident.
We place ourselves on one of the white benches opposite the pond and watch the ducks.
Crowley suddenly turns to me.
"So.... what was that book?" He asks sincerely.
"You really want to know?" I reply, taking a deep breath.
He nods and puts his head in his hands like a kid waiting for a story.
"Well...." I sigh, "it's about one guy who is a badass type and another guy who is innocent ish who fall in love throughout the book. Challenges along the way but a very happy ending." I breathe as I feel my face turn red and feel my heart beat faster.
I look at Crowley as he looks at me in silence, his eyes wandering my face.
"Well, its not a fictional book is it?" He suddenly blurts out.
I frown and turn my head.
"What I mean is, it can be true...." He shifts himself and I start to blush more.
"Of course it can." I reply, putting my hands in my lap.
Crowley then goes to hold my hand, I accept it and we sit there watching the ducks, hand in hand.
Is this the start of something? I think to myself with a stupid grin on my face.