11

Previously

As we were flying, I asked out of curiosity "Despite you being genderless, how should I refer to you as?" 'I'll prefer to be referred to as a male.'

"Alright then, Lugia, let's hurry."

'Yes we shall Chosen One'

No One's POV

When they reached the Fire Island, Lugia spotted Moltres landed near the shore, Ash was shocked at the sight. Moltres laid near the shore with bruises all over its body, eyes barely kept opened.

"Moltres!" Ash yelled in shock as he ran up to the Flame pokémon, who weakly turned its head towards Ash and let out a soft coo.

Lugia stared at Moltres in shock seeing how damaged it was, and was now worried for the rest of the Trio.

"I'm going to capture you with this pokéball alright? You may feel uncomfortable" Ash said as he took out the pokéball and crouched next to it.

It cooed softly in reply and Ash tapped it with his pokéball and the Flame pokémon was sucked into it. The 'Clink' was heard and Ash kept it in his Watchdex.

"Lugia, come on. Next island the Ice Island"

'Right, let's hurry'

As they flew near the Ice Island, Articuno was nowhere in sight on the outside so Lugia flew around the mountain, hoping Articuno is in one of the numerous tunnels or at the summit.

'Ash, on your left'

Ash turned to see Articuno behind a wall of ice, that was uneven, not smooth, showing that it was damaged. It has also many nasty burn marks on it.

"Articuno hold on! Lucario, Use close combat on the wall of Ice!" The ice was easily broken into pieces, luckily Articuno was far enough so the ice chunks did not hit it.

Ash took out this pokéball and hurriedly ran up to it, Articuno cooed and leaned in to touch the button of the pokéball, sucking the Freeze pokémon in. The familiar 'Clink' was heard.

'Those heartless people, they attack the legendaries and plan to capture them for their own needs how cruel' Lucario said angrily while Ash was keeping the pokéball in the Watchdex.

'I hear Zapdos cry for help, it is being attacked by one of the grunts! The rest are heading there too, let's hurry quick!' Lugia exclaimed in alarm and after Ash returned Lucario, he quickly ran up to Lugia and they rushed off to the Lightning Island.

Ash sees a Team rocket member using a Marowak, continuously using Rock Tomb and Smack Down, "Lucario use Aura Sphere!"

'Quick! Go get Zapdos, I can handle this on my own for now' Lucario said as it started to attack Marowak ruthlessly.

Ash hopped off Lugia and ran up to Zapdos, it cooed at Ash as he gently tapped the pokéball on its head and it was sucked into it.

Once the 'Clink' was heard, Ash ran up to Lugia and hopped onto him, returned Lucario, who knocked the grunt and his pokémon out and took off to see the helicopters heading their way.

The helicopters started to attack Lugia and he tried his best to dodge the incoming attacks.

'Ash, do you trust me?' Lugia states as he was dodging some more of the helicopters attacks.

"Yes, I do" Ash replied without hesitation. 'Hold your breath,' Lugia then immediately nose dive straight down into the water.

Ash grip on Lugia tightened, when he was deep enough into the water, he started to gather the water around him.

Lugia used all of its might to then made a twister that caught the helicopters, resulting them to retreat to escape the twister that was starting to pull them in and damage their engines.

Lugia resurfaced and was gliding towards the camp that Ash and his friends resided.

"Lugia, you okay? You used a lot of energy to make that twister using psychic." Ash said worriedly as he sees him struggling to stay focused.

'Don't worry about me now, we are almost there, hold on tight'

Lugia sped up and soon Ash was back at the camp they made. "Lugia, you need to rest. Don't overwork yourself," Ash said as he got off Lugia and went to get some healing items, not planning to use Ralts as she needed to rest.

"Here" Ash said as he gave Lugia a berry. 'Thanks' "You're welcome".

Ash POV

"Lucario come on out" I said after seeing Lugia resting at the side.

'Ash, I presume you want me to help you heal them right?'

"Yes I do, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos come in out" I replied as I threw the 3 pokéballs in the air, revealing the bird trio.

"Zapdos need treatment quick" I said as I took out the potion to test if the spray works.

'Right, you take care of Moltres and Articuno' s injuries, I'll take care of Zapdos.'

I turned to face Articuno first, seeing it is more injured than Moltres. "Hey, both of you. This will sting a bit alright?"

Both cooed in response, I gave them both a berry so that they would have their energy back.

When the potion made contact with Articuno, it suppressed a cry of pain as the burns and bruises started to fully heal.

" You're turn, its okay" I said in a calm voice, trying to calm Moltres down. The response was the same and I see the Trio now full healed.

"Thanks Lucario, now get some rest" I said, Lucario nodded in reply before being sucked into the pokéball.

"You three, you have to rest but if you want to roam around just be a bit careful okay?"

No One's POV

The birds cooed in response and nudged Ash towards Lugia who was staring at the sky.

"Hey Lugia you alright?" Ash whispered, it was loud enough for Lugia to hear.

'Yeah, I'm fine. I'll also join you on your journey Chosen One' Lugia said as he looked at Ash, waiting for his response.

"Are you sure you want to join me? I mean, I appreciate you joining me on my journey, but I think I am not a suitable trainer for yo-"

'Chosen One don' t say that, you are far from being unsuitable but the best trainer to have me accompany you'

Lugia outstretched his wings and nudged Ash closer to him. 'Don' t worry Ash, I want to join you, it was my choice.'

"Alright then, welcome to the family. Lugia" Ash took out the pokéball and tapped Lugia' s head, he was sucked into it. The 'Clink' was heard, Ash released Lugia and he hugged him.

'Come on Chosen One, you need to rest'

"Don't call me chosen one..." Ash said before leaning on Lugia and slowly falling asleep.

'Of course Ash,' Lugia replied before laying down so Ash could lay down next to him.

"Alright..." Ash yawned and was fast asleep.

'Night Ash'

And so they drifted off to sleep with the Legendary Bird Trio flying around under the moon.

TO BE CONTINUED
Sorry for the late update, hope you enjoyed. 😊
Don't mind me just, promoting my Art Acc Instagram... @ct.artworkz