22

Previously
It was his job since he started as a Trainer.

No One's POV

It was morning, Ash and Kukui were the first to wake up, so they decided to make breakfast for all of them.

Slowly one by one woke up and they all enjoyed breakfast together.

Lilie's Vulpix had warmed up to everyone eventually playing with them.

Flashback

Professor Kukui started the class. Principle Oak suddenly walked in with two eggs in hand, one snow white and another sandy brown.

"Well, I need someone to take care of this one, who would want to take care of this egg?" Principle Oak inquired, pointing to the snow-white egg.

"I think Lilie would be the best person for this job!" Mallow said. A chorus of 'yes' was heard. Lilie was uncertain at that moment, but she got to take care of the egg.

=Timeskip=

The eggs finally hatched, to show an Alolan Vulpix and a normal one. Lilie actually managed to hold on to her and called her Snowy.

Snowy was visibly shy but held on a prideful persona. The other Vulpix who principle Oak took care of was extremely social and bonded well with all of them rather quickly.

From then, Lilie tried to overcome her fear of touching pokémons.

Flashback End

Now Professor Kukui was going through more in-depth of Alolan forms, their difference in appearance, typing and physic. Gary was currently not there as he fell ill that day Staying up for more than 48 hours somehow.

"Alright, I have a challenge for you all!" This caught the attention of everyone.

"You are going to trade partners for two days!" He smiled. That got some confusion, but everyone then started to exchange their partners.

Ash with Lilie, Sophocles and Mallow, Kiawe and Lana.

'Take care, see you in two days time, Lyc will miss his partner to spar with.'

'Haha yeah, Lyc will have to spar with someone else.'

Ash smiled, and he had Snowy with him while Lilie had Lucario with her.

"That is your assignment! See you on Monday, everyone!" Kukui wrapped up, and they made their way back home.

"Must I walk..." Snowy whined, thinking Ash doesn't understand her.

'Yes we have to walk Snowy, we will train later. After I settle with Gary'

"Y-you understand me? How?"

'Through something called Aura, come on, we are almost there.'

True to his word, they reached the house they were staying. Ash opened the door to see Gary getting a cup of water for himself.

He eyed Snowy for a moment, confused on why it was not Lucario that took that spot next to Ash.

'Assignment from professor Kukui, switch in partners for two days'

Gary nodded in understanding, still slightly nauseous and tired.

"I'll make lunch, go sit on the couch or something" Ash sighs as he closed the door and made his way to the kitchen.

He opened his Watchdéx and called Kukui, asking will he join them for lunch. Which the reply was no.

He made them lunch, warm soup for Gary with Sandwiches for the both of them.