Chapter 11 - Peace

Maya was just sitting outside the house on a bench playing with her guitar when Josh came.

"I don't want to fight," Maya said as Josh sat down next to her.
"Neither do I. Listen I'm sorry. What I did yesterday was totally unfair. Especially since I have no idea what happened. I'm sorry I just assumed," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"It's okay. I could have acted better myself," Maya said.
"You did nothing wrong."
"Her plan changed from NYU to heading to Austin for college," Maya said and Josh knew she was going to tell him what went wrong.
"She wanted to go after Lucas. Unfortunately I had already got a great scholarship at a university in Europe. She got information and cancelled everything. Told the headmaster I wasn't interested. I found it out on the day of our graduation. I just knew that it wouldn't work from there. And that's where Shawn sended me here. Thought I could have some time to figure out what I want. And then I got a job. I told him and he is over the moon. He's very happy for me but I am scared about what to do about Riley. She was my best friend," Maya said.
"Now I get why you're angry. What does Cory say?" Josh asked.
"I don't know. I don't have contact with either of them."
"Call him. He's worried," Josh said and left.

Maya quickly grabbed her phone after he had left and dialed Cory's number.

"Thought we were never gonna hear about you," Cory said joking.
"I heard you're worried," Maya said.
"Of course I am worried," Cory said.
"I am fine. There is no need to be worried. To say that truth I'm doing great. I have a job in Malibu which I can't be grateful enough for. I actually already made new friends or just one. I guess Josh told you I am here," Maya said and Cory laughed.
"Year. He did. Are you really okay?" Cory asked.
"I am. Listen I have to go. I'll call you later," Maya said and put the phone down.

She knows that every Matthew just wants to help but she has to figure out what she is going to do on her own.
Without everyone getting in her way.