Chapter 19 - Not Gonna Ruin Us

It was a lot later the evening and Maya and Josh were at a apartment that they rented for themselves.
Maya was calmed down since the entire thing with Riley stating that she got what she wanted.
She didn't want to see anyone further so Josh took her back home.
Right now the two were just busy watching a television program about singers and shows.
Maya smiles as she is where she wants to be.
She is with her loving boyfriend, the same boy that she has loved for five years.

"What are we going to do about my dear niece?" Josh asked and Maya smiled.
"Nothing," Maya said as she laid her hand on Josh's arm.
"Nothing at all. She can stay what she wants. It's not going to ruin us," Maya said.
"You are full of hope and I don't understand why because you never had it," Josh said.
"Do you remember what I told you when we played that game?" Maya asked.
"Yeah. That you're in it for the long game. And I still don't actually understand that," Josh said.
"How long ago when that?" Maya asked and Josh looked at her.
"Five years ago. So a very long time ago," Josh said and Maya sat up.

"What I meant with that was it doesn't matter how long I'll wait for you to change your mind about my age," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"And five years later I did. That was what you meant? You'll wait for me?" Josh asked.
"Yeah. And I did. My hope for you stretches further than anyone can think. And I'll always have hope for us," Maya said.
"I love you, you know that?"
"I love you too," Maya said and gave Josh a deep kiss.